Flashing temp icon.

When I start the car in the morning in cold weather the temp icon bleeps a few times then starts a steady flash which doesn't stop unless after a couple of miles you turn engine off then restart. Temp guage shows normal.

In the manual it says there is a problem!!

A friend has told me that his Audi does the same but only when the temp. is under 4 degs.

Is it the same for my VRS Octy or is there a problem??

Check coolant level. The same beep and icon for temp doubles for coolant ( does in my Octy anyway). I had similar symptoms, coolant low on a very cold start, but as things warm up and metals expand and the cooling system heats up and pressurizes the level rises just enough to extinguish the warning light.

When I start the car in the morning in cold weather the temp icon bleeps a few times then starts a steady flash which doesn't stop unless after a couple of miles you turn engine off then restart. Temp guage shows normal.

In the manual it says there is a problem!!

A friend has told me that his Audi does the same but only when the temp. is under 4 degs.

Is it the same for my VRS Octy or is there a problem??

Common problem, clean the 2 prongs in the coolant expansion tank (scrap them or get a brilo pad on the end of a dowel)

I got to do mine,

If cleaning fails, replace the expansion bottle.

Common problem, clean the 2 prongs in the coolant expansion tank (scrap them or get a brilo pad on the end of a dowel)

I got to do mine,

Thanks for this having the same problem. Will give a try

Glen VRS

I got to do mine,

Thanks guys for your help!!

Will have a go as soon as the weather improves!

Not into working on cars in this weather, unless absolutely neccessary!! :'(

had the same problem a couple of years ago, I cant remember the price of the coolant tank but it was incredibly cheap so get a price before you spend ages trying to fix it

it takes 5 mins to fix it so its even cheaper than the £12 bottle, fuel to get there to collect it and the 15 mins to fit it

• 3 weeks later...

it takes 5 mins to fix it so its even cheaper than the £12 bottle, fuel to get there to collect it and the 15 mins to fit it

Cleaned up the 2 prongs with a piece of thin plastic, cut a slot in it, fixed some wet and dry into the slot and 10mins later job done.

Cheers for that Agent!!