Can anyone recommend a dehumidifier to be left in car

BOBAD

As the thread title says.........does anyone know of an effective way to dehumidify the air in the cabin, which can be left in the car?

No mains-units please for obvious reasons!

Bob.

I've been using a Moisture Mate from Halfords (think I found the suggestion on here....):

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/SearchCmd?srch=moisture+mate&action=search&storeId=10001&catalogId=10151&langId=-1

It helps, but istn't enough to do the whole job. My next attempt (at least until the weather is good enough for me to fix the door card problem) is going to be one of these things:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200419428027&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

:) Hopefully one of them will get round the problem of condensation on the windscreen which freezes in this wonderful weather.

paul.

• Like 1

As the thread title says.........does anyone know of an effective way to dehumidify the air in the cabin, which can be left in the car?

No mains-units please for obvious reasons!

Bob.

Hi Bob

Prevention is better than cure ! You poss have either a leak from the washer jets or door cards!

First check UNDERthe front and rear carpets for damp, and if so trace where it is coming from,

there is plenty of posts on here, but once sorted you wont have the damp inside the car.

I had the same problem om mine and on the son-in laws, and has cured it

Radiotwo

Large bads of silica gel work fine. Once they are saturated, you can dry them out indoors on a radiator.

Moggy, what type of stores sell large bags of silica gel?

Bob.

You poss have either a leak from the washer jets or door cards!

First check UNDERthe front and rear carpets for damp,

Thanks for your advice but there are no water leaks into the cabin.

The damp is caused by the area in which I live, which is on the north-west coast about 100 metres from the sea!

Bob.

Edited by BOBAD

• 1 year later...

Try just leaving the front windows open with the engine running and heaters on full blast for fifteen minutes or so. You'd be amazed at how much this dries the car out. Are you sure you don't have leaky doors? I thought id fixed mine using the known sealant method, but all the recent heavy showers caused a gush of water in the back carpets.