DTC 17511

Hello people,

Little yellow light came up and said;

17511 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating: B1 S1: Performance too Low

P1103 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

I have erased it a couple of times but it keeps coming back. I did the boost leak check but couldn`t find any leaks in vacuum or pressure side.

So I went to local mechanic who attached wide band lambda to my exhaust, results are for idle 14, throttle applied in second gear to 4000 rpm 14.5 and at 7000 rpm is around 13.

This is obviously too high (should be around 12-12.5) so I have a problem with lean running condition.

I have run the meas.block 031 and in idle state O2 is around 0.990-1 and requested from ECU is 1. but when I give it a little throttle it jumps to 2 but ECU is only requesting 1.050.

Should I change the Precat O2 sensor?

Skoda Octavia vRS Mk1.

Best regards

Edited by Gonzaga

I have a wide band lambda sensor, right?

It has 5 wires.

Is it possible that the MAF sensor is showing lower air flow than actually is? This would explain lean running condition, right?

I have no problem with idling, acceleration or something else, everything is OK.

Best regards

What is correct way to measure afr?

Is is necessary to remove my wide band lambda and install measuring lambda in that place or install measuring lambda to end of the exhaust?

Best regards

• 1 year later...

Did you ever sort this issue, I am in the same boat, not lomg had the car light comes on daily, i have purchased a cheap tool to erase the code and have even changed the o2 sensor, but the light just keeps on coming.

Hello people,

Little yellow light came up and said;

17511 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating: B1 S1: Performance too Low

P1103 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

I have erased it a couple of times but it keeps coming back. I did the boost leak check but couldn`t find any leaks in vacuum or pressure side.

So I went to local mechanic who attached wide band lambda to my exhaust, results are for idle 14, throttle applied in second gear to 4000 rpm 14.5 and at 7000 rpm is around 13.

This is obviously too high (should be around 12-12.5) so I have a problem with lean running condition.

I have run the meas.block 031 and in idle state O2 is around 0.990-1 and requested from ECU is 1. but when I give it a little throttle it jumps to 2 but ECU is only requesting 1.050.

Should I change the Precat O2 sensor?

Skoda Octavia vRS Mk1.

Best regards