young car, high mileage

If you take the plunge, make sure a warranty is included as the 3rd year of manufacturers warranty is limited to 60K miles, so you would be well past that. Only the first 2 years are unlimited mileage.

Try and get a 12month bumper to bumper warranty from them this should cover your two main worries............Turbo and DMF. Mine has 285,000kms and still going strong.

Just 1 thing - you going to keep the car until it dies or you going to sell it on in a few years time? With high miles and more owners it will be harder to shift especially on the open market.

Are you in a hurry? Are you in love with this particular car? Are there any others you might consider?

I got a 4 yr old 2.0TDi Elegance for 8.4k at 29k miles. OK, so I had to wait and travel 120 miles to get it, or it was a local one (1 mile away) with 57k miles, 8 months newer AND with leather and sports pack for the SAME price. I went for the lower miles after a lot of humming and ahhing. It made sense to me.

HTH

Jesus 7k for that?

I bought mine over a year ago for £4000. It was 3 years old, had its first mot when I bought it, and it had 117,000 miles on it. Sure it is a 1.9 but surely not worth paying twice as much for the 2.0 and all the problems that seem to go with them?

I didn't buy it from a Skoda dealer though, I bought it from an independent used car dealer. Had full service history as it was previously a company car leased to a company (not a Taxi).

One thing to remember though is you will likely need a service and the cambelt and waterpump changing, costs anywhere between £500-900 depending on who you go to.

Edited by luke_a

Jesus 7k for that?

I bought mine over a year ago for £4000. It was 3 years old, had its first mot when I bought it, and it had 117,000 miles on it. Sure it is a 1.9 but surely not worth paying twice as much for the 2.0 and all the problems that seem to go with them?

I didn't buy it from a Skoda dealer though, I bought it from an independent used car dealer. Had full service history as it was previously a company car leased to a company (not a Taxi).

One thing to remember though is you will likely need a service and the cambelt and waterpump changing, costs anywhere between £500-900 depending on who you go to.

Very similar to my next door neighbour - bought a 2005 1.9TDi hatch around last May (2009), ~100K miles ex-taxi, from a local independent trader for £3,200. When I looked 6 months later, a 2006 plate was minimum £7K :doh: