Vrs swimming pool

M4rk89

Not sure if any of you guys have experianced anything like this before. Took my car to get washed yesterday at a local car wash . . this is when the story takes a turn for the worse . . . to rinse of the soap that was left on my car they threw a bucket of water over my car before using the pressure washer(not sure why) but on doing this i noticed that water started to run into my passenger footwell and it seemed to be coming out of the air vent :S im not sure if its possible that the angle he has threw the water onto my frount window at that the water has some how managed to get into my air vents.

anyone got any ideas as to what could have cause this. Usually i wash my car myself and iv never seen this happening before.

any help would be appreciated cheers.

Blocked plenum chamber? Its under the scuttle panel where the the wipers pop out.

Checked mine on the weekend and had a dead spider and 2 leaves in there lol but it can apparently block up and cause water to flow where it shouldn't. ECU is around that area I believe so water ingress can cause issues!

Theres 3 clips, which will almost 100% break when you remove them: pn: N 909 113 01

You'll probably need a wiper arm puller to get the wipers off to check too, if you're anywhere near the west mids you're welcome to borrow mine if you decide to try it!

Hmm by the sounds of it, checking the lower bungs is a case of finding them against the bulkhead, then trying to remove any debris with a finger or something? Not done this yet tbh but I'll look later

I posted about it a while ago and had no answers

Removing the scuttle panel is easy once the wiper arms are removed... they tend to seize on to the spindles so require a puller

TBH it could just be the amount of water from throwing a bucket on, probably doesn't drain fast enough to disperse it all so it finds other ways out

Yeh true bud . . i was thinking about giving the car a quick go over with the hose to see if it spills into the footwell. I'll try finding the holes and give them a quick clean out. Thanks for the help :thumbup:

Be careful with the hose ;) under the cover theres a wiring loom for the wiper motor and as I say, the ecu *i believe* is located around that area (passenger side bulkhead)... you really don't want to get that wet!

Edited by Confused_Cheese

Yeh i'll need to think again then. . at work just now so i'll try have a look when i get home just hope its not to dark lol.

Im thinking that what you said about the amount of water from the bucket has just been to much is right as i washed the car a few days before and didnt come across this problem.

the ecu is around there but if you lift the wipers from the screen and run the hose with lots of water but not high pressure, ie without an end on the hose. with the bonnet down your ecu shoud be fine just like when it rains. There is a rubber seal on top of the bulk head that seals against the bonnet which should stop the water.

There is a rubber seal on top of the bulk head that seals against the bonnet which should stop the water.

You will find that the rubber seal that you are talking about only Seals the engine compartment, The scuttle is still open to the elements ...

Dean

You will find that the rubber seal that you are talking about only Seals the engine compartment, The scuttle is still open to the elements ...

Dean

MY BAD, but my ecu is in the engine compartment just behind where the air filter box was.

Just a wee update . . washed my car the other day whilst there was a break in this cold weather, wasnt sure about using the hose as i didnt want to cause any water getting inside again but after taking care everything was all and dry :D so im just hoping that it was the volume of water out the bucket that just gave the small drains to much to cope with. so touch wood its dry for now lol.

Cheers for the help guys.