Cam Belt 1.6 Petrol

Dan H

Having just had my second year service, I glanced at the service schedule before putting it away. There are replacement frequencies specified for all the petrol engines except the 1.6 and all the diesels, but no further mention of the 1.6 petrol. Does that mean there's no maintenance requirement on the cam belt on the 1.6 ?

Is this a chain cam engine ?

• 1 month later...

Having just had my second year service, I glanced at the service schedule before putting it away. There are replacement frequencies specified for all the petrol engines except the 1.6 and all the diesels, but no further mention of the 1.6 petrol. Does that mean there's no maintenance requirement on the cam belt on the 1.6 ?

Is this a chain cam engine ?

Having just got a new 1.6 Roomy meself my friend, I am rapidly coming to the conclusion (not yet confirmed) that you are right and the cams are chain driven - can't see any sign of a toothed belt under the bonnet. This is actually a welcome surprise if true because going on past experience, chain drives go on for ever - certainly did on a Nissan Almera I used to own.