Stream MP3 headunit + ipod

Hi all,

I have recently picked up my Octavia VRS diesel and am in need of an ipod connection. I have looked all over and it would appear I dont have one!

Any info on the best aftermarket connection? I am not well up on ice tbh but I have the Stream MP3 headunit and a 6 CD stacker in the boot.

Mine is a 2007 octy II :)

Thanks

as ive posted in a previous thread (now realising the link isnt working) i did a write up how to install one yourself and quite cheap too, but cant seem to find it on the new forum but the title was something like "Today I installed my mp3 kit" was in the ICE section althrough i did ask for a link to be put in the octavia 2 section for the tips etc bit.

as ive posted in a previous thread (now realising the link isnt working) i did a write up how to install one yourself and quite cheap too, but cant seem to find it on the new forum but the title was something like "Today I installed my mp3 kit" was in the ICE section althrough i did ask for a link to be put in the octavia 2 section for the tips etc bit.

ok cheers I will get searching the Forum :yes:

I can say though that today I took the headunit out and there is definately no aux input on the back :(

anyway time to search........ B)

EDIT : found it ;)http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/83253-installing-my-mp3-kit-today/page__p__1012858__hl__today%20i%20fitted%20aux%20kit__fromsearch__1entry1012858

Edited by VRSThunder

I've looked at the Denison site and maybe I'm a bit stupid but I couldn't figure which is the best solution to suit the Stream. I want to be able to select albums from the head unit.

If you just want to connect the ipod then the gateway 100 is fine. If you want to additionally attach a usb hard drive or usb key with music then the gateway 300 is needed.

If you just want to connect the ipod then the gateway 100 is fine. If you want to additionally attach a usb hard drive or usb key with music then the gateway 300 is needed.

Watch with dension 100/300's, if you have MaxiDot and want it to integrate with maxidot, then some people have had problems, which Dension

have yet to resolve.. My Gateway kit vanished months ago, never to return, but Dension are working on a fix, but no confirmed date has been

issued.

These days I just result to radio 2.............. :-(

Watch with dension 100/300's, if you have MaxiDot and want it to integrate with maxidot, then some people have had problems, which Dension

have yet to resolve.. My Gateway kit vanished months ago, never to return, but Dension are working on a fix, but no confirmed date has been

issued.

RADIO 2 !!! :rofl: jees m8 I'm not ready for the pipe and slippers yet ha ha

issued.

Ben @ Shark Performance offers fitting for Dension products.. Anyone had a problem with an install from there?

I have a Dension Gateway 100 connected to my Stream and it doesn't work with my 3rd generation iPod Touch :doh:

It will work with my housemate's normal iPod but he has an obscure taste in music but it does control the ipod so you can feed the connector to the glovebox and leave the ipod in there. It will charge it when you are on the move.

I have a Dension Gateway 100 connected to my Stream and it doesn't work with my 3rd generation iPod Touch :doh:

It will work with my housemate's normal iPod but he has an obscure taste in music but it does control the ipod so you can feed the connector to the glovebox and leave the ipod in there. It will charge it when you are on the move.

Have you got Maxidot?

Slightly off topic but I have got a Parrot MKi9200 hands free telephone kit installed into my Octy II.

Part of the installation was leads into the glove box for USB and Ipod connections.

I know you weren't asking about a hands free kit but may be worth considering price wise as you can also load an SD card into the Parrot Unit and play your music directly from there as well?

Just a thought?