Fault Code Help........

Dave(Fatty5000) has very kindly scanned my car and cleared the service for me, we came across a few codes so cleared them and went for a drive, also did some logs for it lol, not ideal but I want VCDS lol as dave showed me some of the things that you can do lol.

anyway these are the codes that came up again, there are others but I know about them and its just a case of stripping the drivers door.

3 Faults Found:

17744 - Engine Torque Monitor: Control Limit Exceeded I am more worried about this one

P1336 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

17834 - EVAP Purge Valve (N80): Open Circuit

P1426 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

17956 - Boost Pressure Regulation Valve (N75): Open Circuit

P1548 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent

could these be caused by one thing ? and cause a knock on effect?

cheers

billy

This is what I have just found out, I have closed the thread in the Ask a Tech and posted this here as I couldnt move it.

start easy lol, the N80 looks to be that thing that people complain about ticking,

17834 - EVAP Purge Valve (N80) is on the top of the Charcoal filter. on the Left side of the engine bay behind the Washer bottle.

It has a plug and a pipe in it.

reading the Haynes it looks like the petrol vapors from the tank go into this canister and are then pumped into the fuel/air system to be combusted when the ECU thinks it can be used so IF you have a fault on this then Id say it is ever so slightly making your fuel eco go DOWN? thats how it looks to me.

Ill post PN and price in the Octy 1 PN section when I get it.

cheers Dave,

Off now to pick up the N75, £62.28

Not going to bother with the EVAP Purge Valve lol its 65.40+ vat, all it does is let the fuel vapor that its stored when cold to enter the Air system. its the little pipe on top near the Throttle Body. Its one or the other unfortunately and I have a feeling the N75 will help more as there is some slight hiccups when accelerating lol

cheers

again

billy

too late lol yea J sorted it out mate. top man.

I drove round the corner out the way and fitted it. car feels nicer now but there is still a few hiccups on partial accel but nothing that is worth bothering about. just me being finiki lol

OH and the R32 wheels look good and its soooooo much quieter now lol, no drone! :thumbup:

I wouldn't worry too much about that engine torque monitor code. It's because you're running a lot more torque than standard.

It can be mapped out by altering the torque limits in the map. I'm pretty sure I only had it when I had an early Revo map and it was gone on later maps.

Edited by EddyH

I wouldn't worry too much about that engine torque monitor code. It's because you're running a lot more torque than standard.

It can be mapped out by altering the torque limits in the map. I'm pretty sure I only had it when I had an early Revo map and it was gone on later maps.

cheers mate Ill call Paul at RS tuning see what can be done. he has already looked at it once as at certain temps the car wouldnt start lol, he sorted that, and this might of been overlooked. ill have a word

cheers Eddy

sorry to bother you

billy :thumbup:

Dave,

Your right mate, I need something else to do, good thing is the car now feels nice and good again and should be good for a year or 2 and not need anything spending on it.

I hope!

Not much chance of that now is there Billy :p I have got to get rid of some of the bits that I have bought as the standard shocks are creaking now.

I will be putting a new inlet to PCV pipe on tomorrow with an extra check valve http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220513630579&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT as my boost seems to be 2-3 psi down on what it used to be.