Turbo Noise

Glenn_87

No not normal. Check for a boost leak, if no leaks found, get ready for new Turbo as the bearings will be about to fail.

Edit: If possible, it is better to replace the turbo now, before it goes bang. That way, you don't have to dig bits out of the inter-cooler, and also avoids possible engine/cat damage

Edited by MoggyTech

No not normal. Check for a boost leak, if no leaks found, get ready for new Turbo as the bearings will be about to fail.

Snap

My mates Golf did this, shortly afterwards...POP. And it whined like a police car loudly, 24/7

It'd snapped a fin off the turbo.

Edited by CJS-90

i agree with the last 2 posts, definately not normal. my mates turbo made a whinning noise, it had bent the shaft.

oh and when mine went it cost 1500 because i also damaged the intercooler..if it needs replacing do it asap. :thumbup:

Amen to that. My mate got his sorted for about £500 in total, used turbo off eBay (covered like 40k miles, wheras his had done 130k), and fitted for £200 or something.