Searching "Skoda Superb" on E-bay is now annoying

bryanp

Has anyone else noticed that since E-bay changed there search format that now when you search "Skoda Superb" you now get any result with the words "Skoda" or "Superb" in it especially if someone has written "superb condition" on anything to do with a car!

I tried "Skoda Superb lights" and I got 476 results which included a near side light cluster for a Golf! A Renault rear passenger lamp! and even wierder Skoda Superb Brembo brake disc (whats that got to with lights!!!!)

Just put "Skoda Superb" in and you get 5061 results, under the last search format that would have resulted in about 300-400 results, this time there are car stickers which are Superb or a MGB GT glasses case which is Superb!!! A Skoda Fabia locking petrol cap!!! and even Mazda Seat covers, it rediculous, I only wanted things to do with a Skoda Superb yet I have to trawl through all this crap first!!!

I have tried contacting E-Bay to ask for some advice on how to use the search format to get what only I want and unsurprisingly I had not reply. I like most people I know voted against this new search format when E-bay ask for feedback yet they still went ahead with, I suppose they had spent a lot on it and wasnt happy to hear that it was crap!

So could anyone help me or have any advice on how to use the search format to narrow down my results a bit more, I have tried the Catergories on the left hand side but as there arent any Specific to skoda it doesnt help to much, So can anyone else help please as as you can tell at getting to the end of my patience with this god dammed awful search format!

Really is it that simple?

It's called a search operator - or you may remember it from school as Boolean logic

"Skoda" Superb will return you results that contain the exact words "Skoda" and "Superb" in the title in any order

Searching "Skoda Superb" will only return results with those words in that exact order in the title

You can add an asterisk and it'll return any words in an items title that start with that word.......example door* would return doorknobs, doorbells.....blah blah blah

A comma acts as an OR operator - so if you searched on "mouse,rat" it would bring back results containing mouse OR rat in the title

Useful to know as it also applies in search engines, well, whenever you query any database in fact

I uses skoda superb tdi or comfort / elegance when i does a search......but i do agree with you......type in skoda superb and it throws out alsorts of things which is time consuming