Remote central locking problem

it was more than that just for the door control unit and regulator if you let skoda do it..

i think my invoice shows the cost for parts at around £290 exc vat! :'( ill have a look later and update it with part numbers :thumbup:

Edited by 150HP&counting

• 1 month later...

Hey lads I have the same problem in my vrs drivers door wont open with fob! I opened the panel today and cleaned the plugs but I can see on plug corroded, I wonder can I just by a scrap plug off a vag with same electronics and just replace? would that do the job?.. cheers

Howdy,

I was just about to post regarding exactly the same issue.

My drivers side mirror and central locking on that door only stopped working at exactly the same time. I've removed the door trim and checked the connectors, cleaned a blue residue from the connector with WD40, checked for water ingress (none, surprising for my VRs), and it still doesn't work.

I don't really understand wiring diagrams, but they do seem to have a common fuse or relay. I checked these (and all the rest as neither Hynes or car manual seemed to be even similar to what's in there) and they both/all seem fine. If it is the door control unit, why is the mirror affected?

Any further ideas? I am willing to be a test monkey and go to town on it as I'm going to France this year and will want it working for that.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on this as I have same prob plus on door courtesy light doesn't work. had that blue corrosion on connector at regulator too. cleaned it up but still doesn't work so gonna have a look at other end connector (possibly in drivers foot well)

is the control module the one on the regulator where wiring loom connects up??

• 4 years later...

I drive a Skoda Octavia 2004 1.9tdi

Typical VAG key. Never had any problems with my remote central locking until i starting using the middle button to open the boot.
Now the remote will not unlock the doors and the red light on the door stays lit for 30 seconds.
All other buttons are still working ie: lock button & boot button but not the unlock button.
Anyone know how to reset or fix the central locking? Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...