Thanks Flux - mongrel insurance!

devonutopia

Just had a very pleasing quote from the Flux for the mongrel - insured all mods, value at WELL above market rate for the car, fully comp, EU cover and a few other benefits like key cover, extra legal cover. :thumbup: £454 all-in. Very chuffed. Guess being an old bugger, living in Devon with clean license and accident history (that matters due to time passing ;)) has some benefits! B)

Oh, and most importantly, declared BHP of circa 300. :thumbup:

Got it and despite Flux's best efforts to sell me their "dogs danglies" cover for £52 I will stick with what my bank offers which got me back from near Stoke to Devon when I was in the 330D with the dodgy crank sensor..... :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Sponsor

Just had a very pleasing quote from the Flux for the mongrel - insured all mods, value at WELL above market rate for the car, fully comp, EU cover and a few other benefits like key cover, extra legal cover. :thumbup: £454 all-in. Very chuffed. Guess being an old bugger, living in Devon with clean license and accident history (that matters due to time passing ;)) has some benefits! B)

Oh, and most importantly, declared BHP of circa 300. :thumbup:

Good to hear !!

Dan

Sounds like you got the same cover as me Jase - bargain!And its unlimited mileage tooI took them up on the key loss cover and the personal injury thing but got AA cover with me folks so that knocked £52 off of it.

What bank is that with? I 'might' need a new set for the Cupra... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Great quote for me too! £440 fully comp for the Golf. The best webquote I found was £490 and the Flux cover is hopefully going to cover any future mods to the car that I might choose! :thumbup:

Guest westallc

its all good until you crash it and try and get the money back you want with mods included....

after my accident it proved 1 think no point in declaring mods as they dont give a flying feck to there value.

they will only give you what you valued the car at and no more so if you told them you brought it for 5k and then put 20k declared mods you will still only get 5 k :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

its all good until you crash it and try and get the money back you want with mods included....

after my accident it proved 1 think no point in declaring mods as they dont give a flying feck to there value.

they will only give you what you valued the car at and no more so if you told them you brought it for 5k and then put 20k declared mods you will still only get 5 k :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Yes, but isn't your insurance invalid if you don't declare your mods?