FORTE - Advanced Formula Diesel Treatment

Hello and welcome to the forum

I have not used the Forte stuff. Most people on here, including me use the Millers Oil stuff. Either Diesel Sport Plus 4 or the new Ecomax additives.

Hello and welcome to the forum

I have not used the Forte stuff. Most people on here, including me use the Millers Oil stuff. Either Diesel Sport Plus 4 or the new Ecomax additives.

Would you recommend the diesel sport plus 4 or Forte advanced formula?

Is that a fact?

I'm saying if people use additives, they normally use Millers. The Which report also mentioned that these additives will work out cheaper per tankful than the performance fuels, (V-power D, Ultimate D etc).

Used Millers for a long time. Did make a big difference and was cost effective. Have found that adding two stroke makes a lot of difference too (see threads last year) and whilst not making quite the same difference, is very cost effective and I'll continue with it in our two Fabias.

This is not really an additive as such. It's a cleaner, used to reduce smoking and restore a little performance if you feel it's needed. You shouldn't need to use it more than once a year.

Most effective way to use it is to remove the fuel filter, drain the diesel out and replace with the Forte. Refit , chuck whatever was left in the bottle in the tank and go for a drive. It's good stuff and unlike a lot of products it will work. You will find that a lot of MOT stations keep a supply in stock :yes:

It also might not be recommended by the manufacturer but my local Skoda, Fiat and Saab dealers all stock it.... ;)

Edited by Decron

forte is a very good recommended brand- many well established garages and mechanics use and stock, I think it was originally supplied via South Africa - I use 2 cans year- easily sourced on ebay

forte is a very good recommended brand- many well established garages and mechanics use and stock, I think it was originally supplied via South Africa - I use 2 cans year- easily sourced on ebay

Cheers for all the info :thumbup:

Quick question for those in the know - is it any better than the usual STP/Redex injector/system cleaners and can it be used in a DPF equipped vehicle...

Quick question for those in the know - is it any better than the usual STP/Redex injector/system cleaners and can it be used in a DPF equipped vehicle...

In a different league to anything else and I would check with Forte to be sure about the DPF but should be ok

• 1 month later...

OK just in case anybody else wants to know - the bottles say it is OK for cars fitted with particulate traps!

My annual service for all the vag cars I've owned have had a Forte treatment of some sort...

Included as part of the service at my local independent. It's only once a year but I can't say

I've noticed any detrimental elements. Does seem to make the car run noticeably "happier"

just after it has been done.