Zymol

smog monster

Thinking of investing in some new wax for my vRS and have been looking at the Zymol Titanium , i have seen it used by David up at NE Detailing and it really seems to be the mutz nutz , has anyone on Briskoda used it or own it ???

http://www.zymol.co.uk/zymoltitaniumglaze8oz.aspx

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=149915

Thinking of investing in some new wax for my vRS and have been looking at the Zymol Titanium , i have seen it used by David up at NE Detailing and it really seems to be the mutz nutz , has anyone on Briskoda used it or own it ???

http://www.zymol.co.uk/zymoltitaniumglaze8oz.aspx

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=149915

As with anything paint related 95% of the finish is in the prep.

Whilst Zymol waxes are good, they have also succeeded at good marketing & you'll find plenty of products under the Titanium's £70 which offer better protection, better finish (subjective) or a combination of both.

From your signature you have a white octavia?!...for which I definately recommend the Zaino system (Z2, Z6, Z8) - and ZAIO depending on if your paintwork has been machine polished and as such is swirl free.

Here's a link to a white car I Zaino'd a couple of weeks back..

White car after some Zaino action

I've been lucky enough to use all the Zymol waxes apart from Carbon & Royale, and can honestly say apart from very characteristic beading they don't offer anything over and above what other products on the market do.

One thing to note is if you wax your car outside, especially with the nicer weather coming our way the Z waxes ideally need to be done a panel at a time, rather than a whole car as they can be a PITA the remove...I speak from personal experience on a black civic type r and a then pot of Concours ;)

Thanks for the replys guys , the reason i was looking at the Zymol was because i do a lot of motorway driving and it said it was the best wax for these type of driving conditions :S £70 is a lot of dosh like mmm

As with anything paint related 95% of the finish is in the prep.

Whilst Zymol waxes are good, they have also succeeded at good marketing & you'll find plenty of products under the Titanium's £70 which offer better protection, better finish (subjective) or a combination of both.

From your signature you have a white octavia?!...for which I definately recommend the Zaino system (Z2, Z6, Z8) - and ZAIO depending on if your paintwork has been machine polished and as such is swirl free.

Here's a link to a white car I Zaino'd a couple of weeks back..

White car after some Zaino action

I've been lucky enough to use all the Zymol waxes apart from Carbon & Royale, and can honestly say apart from very characteristic beading they don't offer anything over and above what other products on the market do.

One thing to note is if you wax your car outside, especially with the nicer weather coming our way the Z waxes ideally need to be done a panel at a time, rather than a whole car as they can be a PITA the remove...I speak from personal experience on a black civic type r and a then pot of Concours ;)

Chris recommending Zaino, flipping heck you must have been impressed with it............ :thumbup:

Zymol certainly has it's place within the market and I haven't used as many waxes in their range as Chris but I would say there are better protection waxes out there, a lot cheaper for you to spend your money on.............. :S

Chris recommending Zaino, flipping heck you must have been impressed with it............ emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Zymol certainly has it's place within the market and I haven't used as many waxes in their range as Chris but I would say there are better protection waxes out there, a lot cheaper for you to spend your money on.............. emoticon-0124-worried.gif

zymol is the best money can buy but its a fortune,ive got some royal which there is no other wax on the market can touch it,and that goes for its price aswell emoticon-0105-wink.gif

You mean Royale? emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

Maybe Solaris would touch it on price but I cant imagine you would spend £7k on a tub for an octavia emoticon-0110-tongueout.gif

i didnt say i spent £7k on it,i was given some by a friend of mine who pays £7k for it,you also get a lifetime top up when its ran out emoticon-0110-tongueout.gifemoticon-0110-tongueout.gif