3 child seats in the back?

Hello all,

Well, I've got a 5 year old and 2 year old at the moment with a booster seat (with headrest) and front facing Isoifx seat respectively. We've just found out that we have a third on the way - has anyone managed to fit in a rear facing isfox seat and two front facing seat in the back of their Octy? I've had a quick look at it seems the isofix seats will have to be at each side with the booster seat in the middle... looks like it could be a squeeze though!

Any experience on here would be much appreciated... is it time to fork out on an MPV?? Saw a Zafira VXR the other day that looked quite interesting!

Cheers.

Not got your problem, thankfully, 2 kids are enough, but an article in the Guardian last week was about this problem. Guardian Article

The company they used in the article was Multimac.co.uk

It's looks expensive (£1200+) but can sit upto 4 kids in the back of a car! May work out cheaper than buying a new car.

Edited by DaveyK

Hey buddy my wife is a childminder and we have one kid with another on the way so I got rid of my Fabia for an Octavia. Even with the bigger car it was a tight squeeze with an Iso fix chair, booster seat with no back and a booster seat with back. We ended up putting the booster seat with back in the front passenger seat with the wife sitting in the back which makes it alot easier though the wife hates sitting in the back.

Any more dads out there with experience of having 3 kiddies in the car (3 in back, or 1 in front and 2 in back with adult)?

I only bought the car a couple of years ago and not keen to get rid of it just yet!

Cheers,

Balham

Any more dads out there with experience of having 3 kiddies in the car (3 in back, or 1 in front and 2 in back with adult)?

I only bought the car a couple of years ago and not keen to get rid of it just yet!

Cheers,

Balham

Here's a link to an Aussie parenting site - Isofix isn't part of our standards, so that may complicate things, and the seats will probably be named differently, but it may be a good starting point. Roomster is the only Skoda listed, but there is a Golf V entry, which should be similar to the Octy.

Here

Kent

PS. SNS is "Safe-n-Sound", which is Britax in the UK

Edited by Inego

Davey K mention multimac. Just ordered one and had a play with one. It allowed me to keep the vRS instead of a corrolla verso. Even a Zafira and most other "MPV'S" struggle with 3 baby seats unless you use the 3rd row.

The only issue with multimac (apart from cost) is the wait. They are currently working on a 1 month delivery as they have run out of stock and have to make more. But it is proper solid once fitted.

Just a quick question (I own a Octavia Estate 1.8 tsi SE) - I've fitted an ISOFIX base to the rear seat to allow us to put the rear facing baby seat in. I've had a look in the handbook and everything appears correct. However, can anyone advise if any airbags etc need to be switched off? I don't believe they do as the baby on the back seat facing backwards as per the handbook. Any advice???

There is only deactivation on the front passengers airbag for rear facing child seats.

When in the rear seats there is no need to have any airbags deactivated. It's also not possible.

There is only deactivation on the front passengers airbag for rear facing child seats.

When in the rear seats there is no need to have any airbags deactivated. It's also not possible.

Thanks for that. I thought that was the case, but best to check. Thank you....