Briskoda Weekly Photo Competition - w/c 15th March

PastyBoy

Following on from the Great Briskoda Car Picture Challenge it will attempt to run weekly photo competition to give those who don't visit that regularly or just don't have time everyday to go taking photos to show of their shutter skills.

A relatviely generic picture subject will be set by me on a Monday morning with picture submission allowed until the following Monday morning when the thread will have a poll added for members to then vote for their favourite image for the next week.

A new competition will also be set at the same time so (once this intial one is done) there should always be a competition to submit for; and one to vote on!

As this is the first one I thought i'd start the thread today to give you an extra weekend of snapping!

That's it really.

Hosted pics rather than attachements please.

No regulations on the pics except they do have to feature your vehicle - although not necessarily the entire vehicle!

Due to the multimarque nature of Brisky's members the vehicle doesn't necessarily have to be a Skoda - although it would make sense!!

They also don't have to be newly taken pics - you can submit old pics you've already got as long it fits the specified criteria.

I'll also need inspiration for competition subject matter so PM me your ideas or someone start an seperate Photo Competition idea thread for me to them choose from.

and yes i do fully expect these suggestions to be abused by people who craft a subject to suit an amazing pic they already have!! :p

Competition subject for week commencing 15th March

Your Vehicle and Mother Nature

Preferably images of your car and nature with no signs of anything man made; but i'll leave it open to your interpretation.

(Inspiration taken from john999boy's submission in the challenge thread)

Waterside%20332.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it really should be down to new pictures as there's not a lot of effort involved in looking through your back catalogue and then uploading is there!

In saying that, heres a couple currently within the rules......:giggle:

Tenerife%2000022.JPGThailand2002-407.jpg

Thankfully this car was a 4WD as you can see the road wasn't kept to a very high standard!

Edited by john999boy

Nice photo K1W1. I agree that you should be allowed to show the bike as it's your vehicle but here seems to be a rather unusual (invalid) object just behind it lol.

It seems you were a bit too selective in reading the rules!

It seems you were a bit too selective in reading the rules!

No it's interpretation.

"Preferably images of your car and nature with no signs of anything man made; but i'll leave it open to your interpretation."

:giggle:

P.S. Are you allowed to post more than one image?

Edited by K1W1

No it's interpretation.

"Preferably images of your car and nature with no signs of anything man made; but i'll leave it open to your interpretation." :giggle:

P.S. Are you allowed to post more than one image?

Ha ha - okay I'll stand corrected on your interpretation of 'preferably' then. :thumbup:

As for having more than one image; my interpretation is that it doesn't say you can't - probably due to it not actually saying you can't :rofl:

My car and ...Ahem .....nature

And yes I know the wheel needs cleaning

WTF is that under the wheel? Looks like a puppy!!!

BIG :thumbup: btw!

I think it was the easter bunny....... and no I didn't kill it I just noticed I had parked on it afterwards

Ah, so it was dead before you ran over it, that's a relief. That reminds me, I wish I had a camera when I caught a stupid pheasant in my grill once.

Here is mine. I think they are the best photos I've ever taken of my car.

Both taken at Danby Beacon on the North Yorkshire Moors on 8th Feb 2007

16m0jyr.jpg

However, I suppose the sign post is man-made.

Here's another one, it was my desktop wallpaper for a while.

ka22bc.jpg

B)

Edited by Jim H

with lincolnshire being boring and flat and my location having very little foliage or nature my link to it is rather weak..

thats unless you want a picture of my filthy car next to a flat open field? :thumbdown:

i promise i will make an effort for the next competition! and they all going to involve our cars or will it be totally random?

heres my car and some 100% organic grass :rofl:

4316695660_53a67d323c.jpg