fabia reversing light switch cable

HI

The cable connecting to the reversing light switch on my fabia has broken off right next to the connector. Skoda have said I need to get a new wiring loom just to get the connector with a bit of wire sticking out the back. I am sure that I ought to be able to buy a replacement connector on its own and then splice the wire into it.

Can anyone advise where I can get one from?

Hello,

Used the smallest spade connector I could get, (like the type used in wiring-up speakers,) when I wired up my (nearside) reversing light.

It depends if you are prepared to fiddle about improvising, by making rear entry where wire goes through connector, just that little bit bigger.??

It is quite fixable really, even involving an auto-electrician if your not comfortable with my idea.

Good luck.

Get hold of an old brake pad wear cable (off an old set of pads), and solder/heatshrink it into the loom. It's the same connector.

Failing that, you can buy the plug and repair wires from a dealer.

• 3 years later...

Anyone has that old pad wer cable as I need that connector. Of course I would pay u for it

I obtained the following of E-Bay and spliced and soldered the required piece into the loom.

My link