Help Needed

Just seen this car on ebay, 2006 56 SKODA OCTAVIA 2.0T FSi VRS 27,600 MILES SAT NAV. the discription says that its a cat d but has no signs of dents or scratches. my question to the briskoda community is, is it worth looking at before this sunday when the bidding ends.much help needed with this one please.Many Thanks in advance.

An insurance catagory D is a damage repairable car the fact it is a cat D will be noted, I think, on the log book but will defintely show up on a HPI check. This will affect the value and re-sale appeal of the car.

If you intend to buy you should look to pay at least 30% below market value and you need to be aware that when you come to sell the car you will have a very limited intrerest in it. I would strongly recommend, if you intend to buy, that the purchase will be subject to an inspection by the AA or RAC or similar motor engineers.

If it was my money I won't go near it with a bargepole.

Just seen this car on ebay, 2006 56 SKODA OCTAVIA 2.0T FSi VRS 27,600 MILES SAT NAV. the discription says that its a cat d but has no signs of dents or scratches. my question to the briskoda community is, is it worth looking at before this sunday when the bidding ends.much help needed with this one please.Many Thanks in advance.

Edited by Bampy

Looks like its had a front end smash, the bumper and panel gaps along the bottom of the grill are all wrong. The grill skoda badge is missing, and where is the skoda badge on the steering wheel Has the airbag gone off, and been replaced with some tacky one.

Looks like its had a front end smash, the bumper and panel gaps along the bottom of the grill are all wrong. The grill skoda badge is missing, and where is the skoda badge on the steering wheel Has the airbag gone off, and been replaced with some tacky one.

+1

In theory a cat D would be fine, but this one doesn't look right :thumbdown: