Alarm sets itself off

Hi all

Twice now in the last two weeks has the alarm in my L&K gone off with no apparent trigger. The first one was around 6pm but this morning it went off at 4am (quite a problem). It only seems to have done it twice and while both outside my house. Im unsure as to what it could be as I live in a quiet village down a dead end road so theres no passing traffic and very few people walking by (especially not at 4am on a sunday!)

Anybody had anything similar or any ideas as to what it could be???

Thanks guys

Mine did it the other week when it was a really cold night. I've no idea if that's what caused it somehow. It's never gone off before. A couple of nights later a neighbours brand new Volvo alarm went off, again it was a very cold night. Could the cold some how cause it? Things freezing, panels/doors slightly moving due to icing along door shuts? Or is that just b-locks and it's just a co-incidence?

I had the alarm go off on my last Octavia a few times (that I know of). Probably a different cause because they were during summer when insects/flies were trapped in the car. The last time it happened, I knew there was a fly in the car somewhere, but couldn't persuade it to leave. Sure enough, about an hour later the alarm went off.

The dealer tweaked the sensitivity of mine to '70' from '100', after a few false alarms. Apparently should have been set to '70' by the factory.

Previously I had had about five false alarms in four months that I was aware of (all in the middle of the night). I am now just waiting to see if this is a fix.

Mines been doing this too, probably gone off 10 times since then back end of last year when the weather started getting cold. Seems to be on the really cold nights so assume it was something to do with it, although mine has also gone off a couple of times when driving, which is annoying and probably points to something else. I suppose I should take it into the dealers to have checked but can't be bothered.

As a temporary measure, the interior sensors can be disabled. As per the handbook, press the button on the B pillar. Intended when kids and pets are left in the car when it is locked. Yes, only for a very short periods like when paying at the cashiers desk. No baked kids or dogs please.

Several decades ago I asked Cobra alarms if they could do this temporary fix . It became standard after that.