L & K alloys

I'm considering ordering a new Octavia 1.8 TSi DSG estate . Does anyone know if the petrol version has different alloys to the diesel? Not too keen on the multispoke ones on the diesels on this Autotrader page clicky. The one petrol cars alloys look better to my eyes, however I'm not sure if maybe that car has had a sport suspension/alloy wheel upgrade? Also, interested in anyone who has this engine/gearbox for their feelings/thoughts. What kind of mpg can I expect? My 05 fabia vrs does around 44mpg on my 15 mile mainly motorway commute to work. Had 60mpg plus once on a trip up to Skye but that was really nursing it . I had a X reg Golf GTI with the 20V 1.8T engine and used to average 32mpg. I'm thinking that the Octavia 1.8 TSi DSG should be similar?

Thanks

I'm considering ordering a new Octavia 1.8 TSi DSG estate . Does anyone know if the petrol version has different alloys to the diesel? Not too keen on the multispoke ones on the diesels on this Autotrader page clicky. The one petrol cars alloys look better to my eyes, however I'm not sure if maybe that car has had a sport suspension/alloy wheel upgrade? Also, interested in anyone who has this engine/gearbox for their feelings/thoughts. What kind of mpg can I expect? My 05 fabia vrs does around 44mpg on my 15 mile mainly motorway commute to work. Had 60mpg plus once on a trip up to Skye but that was really nursing it . I had a X reg Golf GTI with the 20V 1.8T engine and used to average 32mpg. I'm thinking that the Octavia 1.8 TSi DSG should be similar?

Thanks

I've had my L&K 1.8TSI DSG now for about 3 weeks and covered about 750 miles. I'm sure the alloys are the same as on diesel version. Have a look at the brochure where they are shown on a photo as standard for L&K.

I am highly delighted with it all round. I haven't stretched it except once when overtaking (accidentely hit 95mph). The DSG box is utter perfection - ultra smooth etc. I have suffered none of the DSG problems mentioned in various places in this forum. I have steering wheel paddles which I like and use a little - less now that the new toy effect is wearing off. The overall mpg on maxidot so far shows 35. I've done a few journeys of up tto 60 miles return - some with an element of going through town. I have had 42mpg on one of those journeys. I have repeated one journey more than once and notice that the mpg is improving as the engine gets less stiff. I feel that the mpg figures will improve even more as the car loosens up. I am satisfied with the mpg for a petrol car (my last car was a 1.9TDI PD Octy diesel). It is obvious that if the engine is used for its considerable power then the mpg will suffer a lot. The choice is yours. By my standards (I don't do tuned VRS) the car is exceptionally powerful. I have already found this very useful - to my slight surprise - for enhancing safe overtaking manouvres. Mine is an estate in the new rosso brunello (Maroon) colour and it looks really great.

Edited by Jrayworth

There should not be any visual differences between the petrol and diesel verison.

My Octavia vRS Diesel does about 12mpg less than the Fabia, but the Octavia has only 1900 miles on it so far so I would expect that to change. Uncle has the 1.8TSi DSG in the L&K will ask what sort of mpg he is gettin out of it (though his is all around town work).

Thanks Jrayworth for the info on your car. Sounds great. I've read some posts where folks are complaining about road noise in the Octavia? I'm wondering if the estate could be a bit noisier than the hatch? Have also been considering an Octavia VRS (probably Petrol - only really do about 10k miles/year). Probably makes more sense to go for the L&K dsg7 with the 1.8 TSi as this reduces the road tax some what and has more toys as standard than the vrs. No cambelt renewal every 4 years either. Still curious as to options on the alloys. The miltispokes look a pain to clean. Cheers.

Edited by plo

There should not be any visual differences between the petrol and diesel verison.

My Octavia vRS Diesel does about 12mpg less than the Fabia, but the Octavia has only 1900 miles on it so far so I would expect that to change. Uncle has the 1.8TSi DSG in the L&K will ask what sort of mpg he is gettin out of it (though his is all around town work).

Thanks . Just wondered if (like the elegance) there was an upgrade to sport suspension and different alloys? My Fabia vrs does about 540 miles from a tank of diesel (using the reserve/brim method). It'll be a pain going backwards in this regard but need a bigger car so can't be helped. Any idea how many miles an Octavia vrs cr diesel or petrol gets between fill ups (driven in a mix a A/B/motorways - not ragging it but not nursing it either)? Also need to look at in gear performance times for the Octavia 1.8TSi / VRS compared to the Fabia VRS. Would be nice to test drive these cars but my local dealer is less than brilliant so will buy on stats plus feedback from Briskoda. So many things to consider when spend your hard earned on a new car!

I'm considering ordering a new Octavia 1.8 TSi DSG estate . Does anyone know if the petrol version has different alloys to the diesel? Not too keen on the multispoke ones on the diesels on this Autotrader page clicky. The one petrol cars alloys look better to my eyes, however I'm not sure if maybe that car has had a sport suspension/alloy wheel upgrade?

The petrol car appears to have the 17" Pallas alloys, which are an option with sports suspension on the SE and Elegance specs in the Jan 2010 brochure. All the other cars have the standard 17" Cepeus alloys. There's nothing in the brochure to indicate that you can spec the Pallas wheels on an L&K, so I'm guessing they have been swapped off another car.