Guess what I have been test driving this afternoon :D

As per title. Guess what I have been test driving this afternoon. Although strictly, I was after testing certain features as this isn’t the exact car I want. 20 Questions or less. Virtual bun and Twiglets to the winner.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.0TDI S-Line, although you really want the SE emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Thought you were more of an A5 Sportback kinda lass though emoticon-0105-wink.gif

Nope :)

I’d love a Sportback, but I can’t afford it if I want a bit of spec on it :(

Well not an S4 as A4 would have been wrong. So it I reckon it's one with stop start tech.

2.0Tdi 'e' Saloon SE executive

I consider the S4 to be an A4. It would be a short quiz if I asked which S4 have I been driving :D

So an S4 Avant then with the sports diff?

That is so close I have to award the virtual bun and Twiglets to you. It was the saloon with the drive select and sports diff option emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Amazingly they let me go out in for an afternoon on my own!!!

Edited by Lady Elanore

That is so close I have to award the virtual bun and Twiglets to you. It was the saloon with the drive select and sports diff option emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Amazingly they let me go out in for an afternoon on my own!!!

B):party:

So, a car with indicators then emoticon-0100-smile.gif

Funnily enough the indicators were one of the bits I didn’t like emoticon-0110-tongueout.gif They feel cheap and nasty compared to the Bimmers (which work beautifully for those of us that can be bothered to use them :D ). Also on the 'I didn't like the feel of it' list were the minor control for things like the temp control and MMI nob, they felt quite lightweight and a bit tacky. Actually the steering was a bit odd too :( However there were lots of nice things about the caremoticon-0100-smile.gif, it's just I can't afford to buy and run one :( )

The interior controls/centre console are the only gripe I have with the B8 A4s. Unfortunately that gripe is enough to keep me in a B7 for a long time. IMHO Audi have taken a step backwards in the interior quality.

The interior controls/centre console are the only gripe I have with the B8 A4s. Unfortunately that gripe is enough to keep me in a B7 for a long time. IMHO Audi have taken a step backwards in the interior quality.

It is a techno geeks haven and I like the overall layout, but even though the BMW interior hasn’t changed in quite a while, it’s simplicity and tactility are still slightly better to my eyes and fingers. I seriously like the A4 with Drive Select and Sport Diff, but the GFV of the PCP is a bit of a joke. The bottom line is we are about £2,000 away fro a deal and even though I feel I can get a dealer to come up with £1,000 of that difference, I can’t justify the extra £1,000 I would have to lay out. I must admit I thought the GFV would be slightly higher though :( Still I have another week before the offer from Audi comes to an end………………..well unless they continue it into the next quarter.

Mind you, the S4 is a hoot to hoon around in and I love the supercharger whine. Just a note to Audi......MAKE IT A LITTLE LOUDER!! Not weeeeeeeeeee , but WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Funnily enough the indicators were one of the bits I didn’t like emoticon-0110-tongueout.gif They feel cheap and nasty compared to the Bimmers (which work beautifully for those of us that can be bothered to use them :D ). Also on the 'I didn't like the feel of it' list were the minor control for things like the temp control and MMI nob, they felt quite lightweight and a bit tacky. Actually the steering was a bit odd too :( However there were lots of nice things about the caremoticon-0100-smile.gif, it's just I can't afford to buy and run one :( )

You didnt like the feel of it because its wrong wheel drive :D

You didnt like the feel of it because its wrong wheel drive emoticon-0102-bigsmile.gif

Well it is technically the wrong wheel drive and also the right wheel drive, all at the same timeemoticon-0110-tongueout.gif

I think part of it is the FWD bit and part of it is Audi’s Drive Select Steering takes a bit of getting used to. It does feel very accurate when motoring on though. The Bimmers steering just sort of feels right all the time at any speed. The Audi counters with great traction in slippy weather (like today) and is very stable indeed at speed.

I would so love to get the 330D, but I worry about the winter months ahead :(