Long Long Long Longest Wait?

Hi All

Seems the wait for my Octavia 1.6tdi Elegance Estate may finally be over, I should be able to pick it up tomorrow. It was ordered in September 2009 from my local dealer . In December I was told they had ordered the wrong colour by mistake! A few weeks later after blaming the computer system I was informed there were no spare cars available and I would have to wait another 12 weeks for delivery. Is this a record either for the delivery time or for dealership incompetance?

Anyway besides not being able to sell my old car in December when I had a buyer, and now having to get a new MOT, Tax and a service before I can find a new buyer for my old car I am not too bitter about the poor service I have received so far.

Hopefully things will now start to look up and the dealership will get there act together? What else can go wrong?

Hopefully next post will tell you how happy I am.

Hi All

Seems the wait for my Octavia 1.6tdi Elegance Estate may finally be over, I should be able to pick it up tomorrow. It was ordered in September 2009 from my local dealer . In December I was told they had ordered the wrong colour by mistake! A few weeks later after blaming the computer system I was informed there were no spare cars available and I would have to wait another 12 weeks for delivery. Is this a record either for the delivery time or for dealership incompetance?

Anyway besides not being able to sell my old car in December when I had a buyer, and now having to get a new MOT, Tax and a service before I can find a new buyer for my old car I am not too bitter about the poor service I have received so far.

Hopefully things will now start to look up and the dealership will get there act together? What else can go wrong?

You have more patience than me, order would have been cancelled after the first c*ck up if it had been me

Hope you enjoy your car though, I'm loving mine (ordered in September, collected in January)

You have more patience than me, order would have been cancelled after the first c*ck up if it had been me

Hope you enjoy your car though, I'm loving mine (ordered in September, collected in January)

Agreed, you must have a lot of patience.

I think you will be very rewarded with your new car.

I've only got 6 weeks to wait and im still impatient, lol.

Hi,

I ordered mine in September (12th) and it was not ready until the last week in Feb. I then put off collecting until to get the first of March registration. So five months +. I never did find out fully why the long delay.

I have posted previously about this and have had the responce about canceling the order but the fact is I spent about a month visiting car showrooms before even choosing a make then the time specing the model so did not want to cancel and go through this again by choosing another make/model. I was also of the opinion that if one dealer could not get the car earlier there was no guarantee any other could and I would be back where I started. The other reason I waited so long was I was never told exactly how long the wait would be. Even going in to the dealership checking the computer it seemed to be expected in 2 weeks, then going back another 10 days the next time I checked.

Anyway good luck and you will enjoy the car even more after the long wait.

Also, no-ones asked - what colour did you order.

It took 10 weeks to deliver the first car which turned out to be a petrol rather than a diesel, and then another 8 weeks to get me a replacement (this car was already in build, hence the slightly shorter time). 20 weeks was a looooooong time!

I noticed that you are in the North West, it wasn't Simpsons of Preston by any chance? (note that the sales manager who dealt with me has now 'left' the dealership).

I hope that they sorted you out with some compensation.

I ordered a VRS just before christmas and Im still waiting.

The most annoying thing is the car was ready on 1st March and the dealer/lease company was supposed to get the car to me when I got back from holiday. I got back 10 days ago and still dont have a delivery date :(

[Hi All

Hi

Just to up date, the car that the dealer ordered by mistake was Dynamic Blue, the car I ordered was Aqua Blue.

I have now got the car and it is as good as I thought it would be, or Almost.

Just found out about the ' folding mirrors saga' ( the removal of electrically folding mirrors form the Elegance ) not from my dealer who failed to mention the lack of folding mirrors as I was shown around my new pride and joy. It was only when I was reading the manual to find out how to fold the mirrors, that I came across the problem.

On talking to the dealer they said they were aware of the problem and that I should take it up with Skoda Customer Service and gave me a phone number. There was no, 'we are sorry we forgot to mention the down grade or we will chase this up for you may be they thought I would not notice. Still that's only what I have come to expect from my dealer, why should they be interested it only cost around £15 000.

Regards

This lack of current product knowledge is becoming more and more common. Is this just Skoda or all VAG cars destined for UK. Dealers must be fed up with these unannounced downgrades; upgrades are usually splashed all over newspaper adverts.

I wonder if it's worthwhile complaining to local trading standards people or even MEP.

This lack of current product knowledge is becoming more and more common. Is this just Skoda or all VAG cars destined for UK.

It's not just the little things either - I was in my local dealers the other day admiring the display Superb Combi taking pride of place. We were talking about the range of engines and 4x4, and the salesman didn't know which trim levels had the 4x4 option or even what engine was in the display demonstrator right in front of us! I think it had an engine in it :rofl: