Hoping for a good week in the Czech republic!

Well, week 13 is finally here. Hopefully the workers at the Skoda factory have had a good weekend and are ready to start building my car!!!! I hope they haven't been taking note of events in the UK - BA strike, rail strike etc!!! I had a 'friday afternoon' Ford once - nuff said!!! One question though, how long after build week does a VIN number/delivery date get sent through??

Mine was build week 10 (w/c 8th March) and its due to be with the dealer tomorrow (29th March) for me to pick on Wed (31st). The original delivery date was 19th March, but that slipped due to delays in getting on the ship from Germany, the revised date was 3rd April, so I'm actually getting a few days earlier than that.

Mine was build week 10 (w/c 8th March) and its due to be with the dealer tomorrow (29th March) for me to pick on Wed (31st). The original delivery date was 19th March, but that slipped due to delays in getting on the ship from Germany, the revised date was 3rd April, so I'm actually getting a few days earlier than that.

This is encouraging for me - if you don't mind me being selfish! - cos mine was built week 10 and was originally due 19 March too but am hoping for it to come this week. If yours is due tomorrow then hopefully mine will also be here in a day or two :thumbup:

Sarge

Fingers crossed Sarge.

Dates I got from the dealer were: Ship left Emden last Tues, arrived Sheerness Wed (presume yours would go via Tyneside), despatched from port to the dealer Thurs, and the delivery company have a 48hour (2 working days) contract which is why should be at the dealer tomorrow, they need 1 full day to do the PDI checks and get it registered.

Mine is a week 13 build too!

Been told to expect delivery at the dealer on 19th April. I'm on holiday that week, so when I get back I SHOULD be able to go down there nice and early on the saturday morning and have a blast in my new car all weekend! (I HOPE!)

Fingers crossed Sarge.

Dates I got from the dealer were: Ship left Emden last Tues, arrived Sheerness Wed (presume yours would go via Tyneside), despatched from port to the dealer Thurs, and the delivery company have a 48hour (2 working days) contract which is why should be at the dealer tomorrow, they need 1 full day to do the PDI checks and get it registered.

mine too was build week 10 but dealer told me on wednesday when i phoned him that it was still at docks in germany.im in somerset so mine is coming into sheerness as well but when i do not know.i dont think my dealer has a clue whats going on

Yep the info from the dealer is all a bit hit and miss which I thought this new tracking system was supposed to address.

Looking at the shipping feeds there only seems to be one ship per week coming into Sheerness, and 2 or 3 into Grimsby. So unless Sheerness is just handling the South East, there must be capacity problems. I would imagine to Somerset, it would be just as easy to route yours via Grimsby. All the info from my dealer was only obtained whenever I rang them, I've never received a call from them since I ordered in early January, mind you its exactly the same with the SEAT dealer I've been using for the last 13 years...

Edited by Sean R

Yep the info from the dealer is all a bit hit and miss which I thought this new tracking system was supposed to address.

Looking at the shipping feeds there only seems to be one ship per week coming into Sheerness, and 2 or 3 into Grimsby. So unless Sheerness is just handling the South East, there must be capacity problems. I would imagine to Somerset, it would be just as easy to route yours via Grimsby. All the info from my dealer was only obtained whenever I rang them, I've never received a call from them since I ordered in early January, mind you its exactly the same with the SEAT dealer I've been using for the last 13 years...

just phoned my dealer in somerset and he tells me car was loaded onto ship for sheerness yesterday.He thinks collection for me should be around next tuesday,fingers crossed.got to tax my fabia vrs on thursday for about 5 days then!!!!!

Well, week 13 is finally here. Hopefully the workers at the Skoda factory have had a good weekend and are ready to start building my car!!!! I hope they haven't been taking note of events in the UK - BA strike, rail strike etc!!! I had a 'friday afternoon' Ford once - nuff said!!! One question though, how long after build week does a VIN number/delivery date get sent through??

I guess they'll be weighing out the ingredients now...

Rang my dealer for an update.

He says they take 3 days to build, then 10 days to get shipped, so he says 3 weeks from today (give or take) then they'll have my new car.

Going to drop off all the documentation before I go on holiday (the week the car turns up!) so hopefully be able to get it on the Saturday after I get home.

Edited by gorebrush

Update on mine: wasn't delivered to the dealer today, although it was "dispatched" from the port last Thursday, that only means it was handed to the delivery company. They have it booked to be delivered on Wed, but my dealer says they can still turn it around in a day and I'll be picking up at 3pm on Thursday (1st). Downside is the tax is due on the current car, so I'll have to renew that on Wed, upside is I have my new toy for the long weekend :)

The Beast - according to AIS, your ship left Emden Sunday at 16:20 and arrived Sheerness at 10:00 this morning. My dealer is getting mine 7 days after, so if Easter puts 2 days onto your timescale you could be looking at your dealer getting it next Wed (7th)

Edited by Sean R

Mine will also be built this week (Build week 13) had originaly been told it would be delivered this week but salesman was talking out of his behind and now longer works for the dealer I think he must have made a few balls ups.

So I am hoping to get mine around 24th as well can't wait