Focus RS500

Royston

along with all evos imprezas astras and all 1.8t vag cars, its for chavs. and if you bought a new one it screams' im middle aged, single, still living with parents, put a 10k deposit down along with 5 yrs finance' - total winners buy cars like this.

the way petrol prices are and the taxes on them I cant see that mate, large engined cars(2.5 l) are gonna be a thing of the past imo, just think its 400+ road tax now for the 2.5 v6 MG ZS. small really. now a days you need a small 1.2 just so you dont pay shed loads on fuel and tax!

I think the Focus RS is a mint lookin car. I not too keen on the 5 cylinder sound tho. doesnt sound as good as the 2.0 scoobi STi worble or as smooth as a V6. and a V8 is just the ultimate sound along with the 6.0 AM V12..... wet pants just thinkin of it...

Ive read some place that the new RS is going to have a small engine in it along wi an electric one to make it 300bhp cant remember where but I saw some pics and OMG it looks stunning.

There are always gonna be people out there who can afford a big engine/ big car and the petrol / running costs that go with it. The latest trend for manufacturers to produce smaller more efficient cars is only to satisfy European emissions regulations that now apply as an average across the whole of said manufacturer's range. Even Ferrari is cowing down and has a 'fuel efficient' model coming out.

While ever there is oil under the sea and in the ground, there will be big fast expensive cars.

In the words of Sniffpetrol:

spadbentleyazure.jpg

And 4WD

Overpriced Im guessing but they should ber able to shift 100

Not overpriced by definition, they've sold out already.

If you ask yourself how much a 350bhp subaru or evo is new and look at the volume of sales for them over the years

Also have a look at the price of a golf r or a S3 with as much spec as the focus and you'll see its not bad value comparatively

Plus the focus will hump them :p

You wanna bet? I'm pushing 360bhp 400lbft thank you very much!

Thats all well and good, and good as the b5 chassis is, its no match for the focus, not at all.

Obvously your straight line pace will be awesome but the octy ( of which i have one ) is just not in the same game as the RS

Seriously, drive one. The way the diff works with the revoknuckle will leave you gobsmacked

That's a really nice looking car, I thought the RS looked a bit chav to start with based on the green coloured one but in real life it's actually quite nice (in blue) and not as "in your face" as you expect. This special edition in matt black looks even nicer, great to see them do something a bit different with the paintwork.

Edited by PeteVRS