North Yorks Moors Meet

smog monster

why we meeting so early, its a 90 min drive for me! :S :'(

You're right. I'd say

Meet at 9:30-10 at Suggitts,

Leave at 10-10:15

Helmsley for 11 ish (depending on traffic or if we stop in a layby).

leave at 11:30-11:45.

Lunch at The Lion for 12-12:30.

Does that sound about right?

BTW, Suggitts do sell nice Ice Cream, but that's not the place I was thinking of having one.

Edit: See Smog Monster's Post (#106) further Down

Edited by Jim H

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right.

I'd say meet at 9:30-10 at Suggitts,

Leave at 10-10:15

Helmsley for 11 ish (depending on traffic or if we stop in a layby).

leave at 11:30-11:45.

Lunch at The Lion for 12-12:30.

Does that sound about right?

That sounds muchhhhhh better I need my beauty sleep you know!

So why dont we all just meet at Roseberry Topping car park & miss out Great Ayton

I,m easy , the only problem is we have to be at the Lion Inn for 12-1230 at the latest as its a sunday & bank holiday weekend too , the manageress has rang me up to try and get us in for 12 cos she,s fully booked , we need to be away from Helmsley for 11.15 at the lateset

RIGHT HERES THE FINAL TIMETABLE . . .

0830 MEET AT MCDONALDS TEESSIDE PARK DEPART 0845

0915 MEET AT ROSEBERRY TOPPING DEPART 0945

1030 ARRIVE HELMSLEY , PARK UP & HAVE A LOOK AROUND / TOILET BREAK / SHOPS , THEN LOOKING TO DEPART 1115 TO THE LION INN FOR DINNER

THEN WE WILL PLAN THE REST OF THE DAY FROM HERE :thumbup:

HOPE EVERYONES OK WITH THE CHANGES

Edited by smog monster

ok, so if we get to your meeting place at about 9:00, then on to Ayton, would that be good?

so ..

1) I meet vrs_dta at Dubwath at 7:00 .... and

2) Chris at reghed at 7:30.... and

3) the 3 of us get to Mcdonalds car park (TS17 7BS) at 9:00.... then on to Ayton?

sound like a plan? (pls confirm vrs_dta and chris! lol..)

B)

yea thats good with me dave 7 am in my layby this time k intercooler mayb done chaps its getting a bit close to call but iwill try

For those meeting at Roseberry Topping car park who dont know where it is , its located on the A173 on the right hand side as you travel through Newton Under Roseberry , the nearest post code that i can get is TS9 6QR which is just opposite the car park , u cant miss it just look for a BIG hill on the right :D

due to this being a bank holiday my friends are having a bbq and a **** up there for i wouldnt not be able to make his trip sorry to all those i may up set but duty call i am sorry guys i will make the next one

cheers dave

Hi Smog monster.

Just seen your having a run on Sunday, I would like to join you if that is ok.

I'm local so no problem with directions.

Do I still need to order meals or is it to late.

If it's ok then we will have,

Old Peculier Casserole with potatoes & veg

Chef's Own Beef Curry Served with Rice

Cheers

Yeah nice to see another name on here you can order your meal on the day just means if we have the list ready we can tell them what everyone wants and we wont have to wait as long as is could be busy seing as its a bank holiday weekend :yes:

Yeah nice to see another name on here you can order your meal on the day just means if we have the list ready we can tell them what everyone wants and we wont have to wait as long as is could be busy seing as its a bank holiday weekend :yes:

Cheers for that.

See you all in the carpark.

Anyone know the postcode for Roseberry Topping

See Smog Monsters Post

For those meeting at Roseberry Topping car park who dont know where it is , its located on the A173 on the right hand side as you travel through Newton Under Roseberry , the nearest post code that i can get is TS9 6QR which is just opposite the car park , u cant miss it just look for a BIG hill on the right :D

It's just before you come into Newton-under-Roseberry on the right hand side, if you are coming from Great Ayton. As he says you can't miss it.

Edited by Jim H

chrisw880 , thinking u have a satnav try using TS9 6QR that should give u a location on the A173 , Roseberry Topping is the huge hill on your right , the car park is right next to it at the base

I have pursaded ross to come now and he's like pizza (ham and pineapple if poss) and chips but |I ain't told him meeting time yet haha!

so thats me and Louise gamman chips and eggs no veg on mine :) lol

Just picked up new VRS on friday, thought it would be a good opportunity to give it a run out and meet everyone. OK for Roseberry and then on to Helmsley but not able to go for lunch due to other commitments. Will have to make do with picnic instead.

Bit late in the day but I wouldn't mind joining up with you guys tomorrow. I'm only about 5 miles from Great Ayton so it's no bother meeting you in the morning, but I've just rung The Lion and they haven't got a table until 1.30pm :( so we'll probably have to find somewhere else for lunch, which is a pity as someone mentioned you might be headed over to Grosmont/Goathland area? I'm from Grosmont origionally, I could have told my mam to put the kettle on!

It'll be nice to give the car a good run out, I've been driving it a week now but mainly in town, looking forward to the Helmsley road!

Hopefully see you tomorrow, btw anyone else bringing the kids?