Fabia vRS turbo leak. Help - got pictures

that amount of oil is not normal, some misting on the lower hose joint is ok, but all that oil under the bonnet is not

you will have to check all the joints to see if a seal has split, the hoses are to and from the intercooler

Looks like EGR crap to me?

Might be worth removing that top intercooler pipe and seeing how bad it looks inside the inlet manifold. My bet would be it is pretty clagged up with exhaust gas crap - proper gunky job to clean that up, but is worth it. Really should remove the inlet manifold complete and get the whole lot thoroughly cleaned out.

And when you do - get lots of pics.... Enough of an advert for EGR delete pipes! My EGR has been gone for 4 years+ now and I no longer get any build up of gunk AT ALL. :thumbup:

just boost hose loose.

you will require new boost hoses...

i see you have a race blue fabia which should still be under warranty, i believe the bottom pipe is around £50 and i cant remember the top on price, new ones are required

Looks like EGR crap to me?

Might be worth removing that top intercooler pipe and seeing how bad it looks inside the inlet manifold. My bet would be it is pretty clagged up with exhaust gas crap - proper gunky job to clean that up, but is worth it. Really should remove the inlet manifold complete and get the whole lot thoroughly cleaned out.

And when you do - get lots of pics.... Enough of an advert for EGR delete pipes! My EGR has been gone for 4 years+ now and I no longer get any build up of gunk AT ALL. :thumbup:

Mine looks like that.

That car has done 95k so it might be a good idea to get the hoses off and have a clean up????

Ben

• 2 months later...

Hi: I've an 05 Octavia 1.9TDI 99,000 miles and it was leaking oil from underneath the turbo pipe but it can come out from anywhere around that area. It can happen if you're not driving the car hard enough, not sure the correct way of it but it's oil that builds up because the turbo's not being used. I drive like a granny so can't argue. Apparently turbo diesels need to be flogged now and again to keep them breathing right. You can buy stuff to pour into the tank called Cataclean, a mechanic sold it to me but most motor factors have it. It cleans the cat,turbo,valves etc and other parts that need it. It's about £16 I used it on mine and it cleared it.