Fabia Rs

Its only 100BHP at the moment, but feels slow with the wider wheels. I must admit I'm more tempted to remap mine out to somewhere near 150BHP when the warranty runs out next Summer. That means I'd have 20 more BHP than the RS, and 1" bigger alloys too (and maybe a few mm lower if I get the springs I want at the same time.)

I'm not up for a body kit - There's a point where it all starts to get a bit silly (I saw a tarted up Suzuki Swift last night in a pub car-park. It was SO wrong!) - I thought it was a 306 first :D

Mind you, the Suzuki Swift 1.3 turbo...135bhp in a very light car...I've seen one being driven

quite maniacally round the M60, and it was shifting some!

Although generally it is a bit of a misnomer, yes... ;)

Rob.

None of the articles that i have seen have mentioned the possibility of an estate version. Maybe the aim is to see how the Hatch does in sales and then offer it if they feel it will succeed. personally, I think that an estate is more likely to do well than the hatch - more unique selling points :)

FlipFlop

Welcome to Briskoda. As you can see the members are a very friendly bunch but they do get carried away at times by their enthusiasm and in the process forget the question. But I do like your style in trying to get them back on topic! :D

And it's a diesel? Now why is that?

This months Evo magazine (yes, I subscribed :D) has a review of it and although they aren't negative, they also think it is a bit of missed opportunity :(

Q.

It could be a bit over 100BHP - When I had the steels on, I could consistently get 0-60 times of at least one second or even a second and a half quicker than the 11.5 seconds quoted by Skoda.

Matthew - Your TDI is remapped isn't it? I thought that Jabba got nearer 150BHP out of the TDI engine..? I may be wrong. I could do with getting some info about this.

As for the Fabia estate - I had a wee look around the net last night and found nothing - but the hatch is supposed to be out in the UK this Autumn some time, so I expect a 53 reg car. Shame its not being released for when the 53 reg starts at the beginning of August. :(

Originally posted by day tripper in this post

I never knew they did a turbo version off the swift gti.

Hmm...well, the one that was "going some" sounded like it had

a turbo and had a turbo badge on the back, but judging by the

noise it had been heavily modded anyway. So maybe it was

a turbo conversion/whistle in the exhaust pipe.

I was pretty sure they did make a turbo version, but I have been

wrong before... :D

Rob.

:confused: - Send the men in white coats - there's another patient for them down in Exeter!

I must admit I questioned myself as I know the 02,03 comes out in March, and six months would logically be Sept... Time to go back to the looney bin, I guess...