Cannot synch Baud Rate? Engine 01

Do you know what this means please? Never seen it / come across it before

Happens when I try to log into engine 01 on the loan fabia.

Genuine ross-tech cable as well and have never had problems like this before.

i used to get that on my pickup, it was caused by a dodgy connection because the connected wasn't mated fully, it was becuase the hood of the plug was slightly too long preventing it going in fully, but that was on a cheapo ebay cable though. i ended up removing the diagnostics port from it's shroud in the end because it was doing it constantly even with a genuine swag-com cable

Do you know what this means please? Never seen it / come across it before

Happens when I try to log into engine 01 on the loan fabia.

Genuine ross-tech cable as well and have never had problems like this before.

baud rate? i remember that, it used to be an old data transmission measurement back in the old days of modems. thats all i know

Hmm, I wonder if it was plugged in right :D

It read all the other sections and cleared fault codes. Maybe it was not quite plugged in far enough to do the engine 01 section then. Will try tomorrow night.

• 10 years later...

this is a bit of an old one, baud rate is the term used for the speed at which data is passed (usually down a serial cable) between one device to another, so a 9600 baud rate means 9600 bit of data can be passed down the cable, a baud rate error is usually because of a) there is a break in the cable, b) the connection between contacts isn't a good one c) the two devices are not communicating at the same baud rate, for example a laptop comms set at 9600 and the device only capable of communicating at 400 baud would generate a baud rate error message, the slower device cannot be speeded up but the fast device can be slowed down via the comm port settings. Today modern data transfer works in terms of Mega bit (million bit) or giga bit (1000 million bit) per second using pararell data exchange. Hope that helps some of you younger guys that never had to suffer the old serial data tranfer speeds :-)