Monster Munch

scunjee

so folks, does mah wee beasty have the ignominious title of the first Monster to take major lumps out of fauna subsequently needing attention at a body repair shop?

Quite clearly the deer thought it was hard enough.....

My link

On a positive note, considering I hit the vermin at nigh on 50mph, the monster crashes well!

Edit: Typos

Edited by scunjee

so folks, does mah wee beasty have the ignominious title of the first Monster to take major lumps out of fauna subsequently needing attention at a body repair shop?

My link

On a positive note, considering I hit the vermin at nigh on 50mph, the monster crashes well!

Ouch, but it looks like very minor damage. Just be happy you don't have moose in Scotland.

Did you bring the deer home? very good eating.

Hi scunjee,

sorry to hear you have had a coming together with the wildlife. :( Main thing is your OK and the Snow-Monster is fixable, albeit needing a new nose emoticon-0106-crying.gif

Anyway hope you can get her back to as good as new soon.

All the best,

TP

My link

You seem very proud of yourself when killing a deer. Not all of us share your point of view that they are vermin!

You seem very proud of yourself when killing a deer. Not all of us share your point of view that they are vermin!

I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose.

Accidents happen.

My link

Foo're ye deein Scunjee?

Sorry to hear of the Monster Munch moment. Deer all over where I live - consequence of all the snow and them coming further down from the hills I think.

It does make driving really hazardous and nothing you can do when they appear in the road for sure.

Picture looks like it's beauty rather than structural damage - so hopefully the garage can get the bits back on quickly.

Graham

Just think it could have been worse!!

Saw a car hit a cow and bits of debris flew off the car but the cow continued placidly walking along the road as if nothing had happened!!!!!

Wonder how much the minor damage will cost to put right..........

Around the Wyre Forest area of Worcestershire there are a lot of deer and they do cause a lot of accidents jumping out into the road straight in front of you or even running into the side of you...You cannot avoid them at such close encounters sadly.

I would say you and the Yeti got off lightly :yes: :thumbup:

A definition of the word vermin (see link below) shows its use by scunjee to be technically correct ...but the use of such an emotive word may have been misconstrued as being boastful or heartless by BigHusky:...I suspect scunjee was tired, upset and maybe had had a few drams to drown his sorrows when he made his post in the middle of the night-Big Hug and was thoroughly P***** off with that said deer!

http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861733864/vermin.html

It is sad when anything is killed in an accident... agree with Llanigraham there... but I also agree with Agerbundsen that vension meat is rather tasty!

Here is a local Worcestershire pub chef talking about the Wyre Forest food and how to cook it as featured in our local "Worcestershire Life" magazine :

http://worcestershire.greatbritishlife.co.uk/article/worcestershire-masterclass-wyre-forest-mark-hammond-deer-recipe-venison-17319/

ps I'm very glad we don't have Moose here :o

Edited by Lady Penelope

:thumbup: cheers for the support folks....

:whew: I'm just so glad no-one else involved!

Without meaning to offend anyone, my choice of words in describing the deer was as intended.

Up here Cattle, Sheep, Emu's, Lama's (the latter 2 aren't typos!) and all manner of mobile meat livestock is hard enough to keep constrained to their fields.

Driving the kind of distances that I do on a weekly basis consistently proves that a poor person need not go hungry with the sheer volumes of roadkill hereabouts.

Deer in particular are a problem, partially due to the combination of no natural preditors and now due to (my opinion only) ill focussed socially aware "do gooders", culls have tapered off over the last few years. Taking the fiscal cost of the havoc deer cause on the roads up here out of the equation, there have been several deaths in the last year alone attributed to fauna.

Solution in my head would be to bring back a well managed and humane cull program to volumetrically reduce the chances of accidents or failing that reintroduce beasties with big teeth and let nature readjust itself.

The deer in question came out of nowhere from behind a 6ft stone wall. No visual clues, no warning nothing. I didn't even have time to lift off the throttle by the time we collided. Crap happens! It is with regret that I had to leave it's carcass to the crows as a bambi-burger is relished in our household.

Either way this is probably a discussion for another area of the forum.

Meanwhile, once again, many thanks folks :):thumbup:

:thumbup: cheers for the support folks....

:whew: I'm just so glad no-one else involved!

Without meaning to offend anyone, my choice of words in describing the deer was as intended.

Up here Cattle, Sheep, Emu's, Lama's (the latter 2 aren't typos!) and all manner of mobile meat livestock is hard enough to keep constrained to their fields.

Driving the kind of distances that I do on a weekly basis consistently proves that a poor person need not go hungry with the sheer volumes of roadkill hereabouts.

Deer in particular are a problem, partially due to the combination of no natural preditors and now due to (my opinion only) ill focussed socially aware "do gooders", culls have tapered off over the last few years. Taking the fiscal cost of the havoc deer cause on the roads up here out of the equation, there have been several deaths in the last year alone attributed to fauna.

Solution in my head would be to bring back a well managed and humane cull program to volumetrically reduce the chances of accidents or failing that reintroduce beasties with big teeth and let nature readjust itself.

The deer in question came out of nowhere from behind a 6ft stone wall. No visual clues, no warning nothing. I didn't even have time to lift off the throttle by the time we collided. Crap happens! It is with regret that I had to leave it's carcass to the crows as a bambi-burger is relished in our household.

Either way this is probably a discussion for another area of the forum.

Meanwhile, once again, many thanks folks :):thumbup:

Fit like ur ye!

Try hitting one with a motorbike, you might just change your mind.emoticon-0106-crying.gif

There's an interesting article in this months Institute of Advanced Motorists magazine re the dangers of deer on the road.

talk about a cliff hanger...anything else Dave?

Edited by scunjee