Braided brake line kits

Morning

Last night i finally set to work in fitting the Powerflex bushes that i have had sitting in my workshop for the past 12 months. I got the rear beam off and noticed the brake lines were starting to look a little tired so while they are off i was going to change them for a braided set.

Looking around i can only find them for the MK4 Golf FWD models, and not listed for the VRS. Does anyone know first hand if the fitment will be okay?

Also, they only list it as a 4 line kit, and not a 6 line kit? (Fronts and Mids) Any obvious reason for this?

Thanks in Advance.

And as we all love pictures:

26143_418541091998_754366998_5728578_4563647_n.jpg

Kind Regards

Garry

not to sure tbh but awesome gti sell some for the vrs but i think they are around £100 which is rather steep

Thats a bit more than the Goodridge kit :(

But, it did answer my question. They use the same part number for the VRS kit as the MK4 1.8t kit so confirms they are the same.

I shall take a gamble.

Just ordered the kit from Motorsport World for £69.90 delivered with Stainless Fittings :) Shall let you know how i get on.

Kind Regards

Garry

• 4 months later...

alright garry, long time no speak,

almost certain they are the same, seen the lines on my mates gti and they look the same,

let us know for sure,

luca

Hi Garry

are the braided lines from

MotorSportWorld

simply plug and play or modifications needed??

Please let me know

Regards

Davor

Hello Buddy

The lines are all fitted :) It was 99% a perfect fit but we ended up drilling out the parts on the car where the ends connect. The stock ones are a slightly smaller diameter so they needed to be enlarged. Once that was done (about 5 minutes each) they fitted all on perfectly :)

I also fitted Tarox's new performance brake fluid and between the two it made a massive difference to the pedal feel, alot more solid with good feedback now.

I strongly recommend them.

alright garry, long time no speak,

almost certain they are the same, seen the lines on my mates gti and they look the same,

let us know for sure,

luca

Hi buddy. Im sure we will meet up one day, lol

Why does your rear beam look different to mine?

I have no idea. As far as im aware its stock. Only changes in this photo are the RARB (Eibach) and the spring platforms for the rear springs from the H&R Coilover kit.

Hope that helps :)

Kind Regards

Garry