This Friday and only after a 7 week wait

Freshacre

Congrats to Andy Shorland, Sales Manager at Sinclair Skoda - his prediction was only one day out!emoticon-0148-yes.gif

After (only) a 7 week wait the 170CR Elegance in Aqua Blue, with mats, and upgraded sound system will hit Welsh soil. I was almost too scared emoticon-0120-doh.gifto ask having seen how many Yeti (Yetis, Yetties) had been put back in the manufacture system.

So - conceived late February, a gestation of 7 weeks, and delivery this Friday - with a birthday party planned for next week, this looks like being a time for celebration.emoticon-0137-clapping.gifemoticon-0123-party.gif

G

PS - Oh emoticon-0109-kiss.gif- hello again! emoticon-0118-yawn.gif ... ... ... emoticon-0127-lipssealed.gif

******!!! only joking but considering i keep hearing on here of people ordering 3-4 weeks after me in February are getting theirs well before mine. It's kind of rubbing salt in the wounds...

I would like to this it is because yours is a 2.0 TDI, but truth of the matter is 1.2 TSI are also coming through quicker than mine (ala retrogirl). So maybe it's the DSG7 gearbox, but mine isn't due for delivery until 29th April - nearly 16 wks after i ordered the damm thing...

Whatever excitment i had for the car has almost completely dwindled. I even gone off the colour now!!! (Muscovado)... :'(

Krooked remember the 1.2 tsi manual has been going for a while they only started building the DSG's in February and it seems the first rhd batch was only built mid march it will be worth the wait mine has taken 16 weeks from order too and I have been biting my nails hearing about the others getting their cars the past few weeks. I still won't believe it's here till I pick it up tomorrow. Even at the end of April it will be a rare beast and it's only 2 weeks to go.

Hi,

while I was at the Skoda dealers in Pickering today a steel grey 1.2TSI arrived on a trailer along with some Fabia's and an Octavia. Forgot to check if she was manual or DSG :doh: but the build label in the windscreen suggested she was built exactly two weeks ago; quick delivery then :)

They also had a brand new grey 140 SE demo on the forecourt and later a Muscavado Monster left from there Fiat franchise next door. Oh and to cap it off on the way there I passed a parked up 140 SE in Silver. So 4 in one day B)

Shame I was not in my Monster again; taking the old van in to trade for a slightly used and abused old Fabia Classic 54 for my lad as his first car :)

Must say having seen the steel grey for the first time it suits the Monster very well, although I still favour the Pat-Monster look best.

Regards,

TP

7 Weeks is very fasts! Was it a stock car or something?

Freshacre - congratulations. Do wait a few years before entering it as a stock car or for banger racing! :)

7 Weeks is very fasts! Was it a stock car or something?

No - I don't think so. It didn't have many "extras" on it - only metallic paint and mats and the sound system upgrade, so maybe that helped.

Like others I have never been so chuffed about getting a new car.... even the dealer told me to "stay calm"!!

And like Krooked I was getting a bit down at the long wait, especially when the last of the snow (my main reason for ordering) had gone from atop the Beacons.

There don't seem to be too many 170 bhp YETI on here, so I will be keen to take notes and report how it goes.

I am also very interested in the towing aspects of the beast as getting a caravan is now high on my "to-do" list.

And as it has now arrived - I will be deffo joining the excursion up the Elan Valley for Llanigraham's picnic. I will give hatband and his bike a lift from Builth Wells.

G

Whatever excitment i had for the car has almost completely dwindled. I even gone off the colour now!!! (Muscovado)... :'(

Ha...Funny that...I've kind of gone off the colour too! Wish I'd gone for steel grey! Aaaaah!

Ha...Funny that...I've kind of gone off the colour too! Wish I'd gone for steel grey! Aaaaah!

Having now seen both these colours in the metal, I think there both great colours and suit the Monster but I would probably go with the Muscovado if I had to make a choice between the two, it's just that bit brighter and cheery (like the Monster itself :) ).

TP

thursday then. ooooooo-er.

Good morning Freshacre :sun:

Did you get any sleep last night?!!! :giggle:

Hope all goes well today :yes: and you have fun racing around the valleys :thumbup:

Can't wait to see the piccies :clap:

Lady Penelope