Crashed into an Owl need advice on paintwork

Coming home last night an owl flew into the car and got clipped by the top of the windscreen. When I checked the car this morning there are a couple of marks on the roof panel.

There does not seem to be any depth to the marks because there is no roughness when I run my fingers over the marks. Any suggestions on how I can get ride of them.

Coming home last night an owl flew into the car and got clipped by the top of the windscreen. When I checked the car this morning there are a couple of marks on the roof panel.

There does not seem to be any depth to the marks because there is no roughness when I run my fingers over the marks. Any suggestions on how I can get ride of them.

What a twit.................to whoo!! :rofl:

Seriously there are a few approaches you can take, if as you say you can't feel the marks when you run the back of your nail over them, then they should be able to be removed either by hand or machine polishing. Firstly you could try Autoglym Super resin polish - or something similar - applying by hand, this contains a filler which builds up in the scratch disguising it, however this will eventually need redoing after repeated washes. Ideally it needs tackling with a machine polisher, this will remove a thin layer of lacquer and completely remove the marks. If you need anymore advice let me know or check out Detailing World for more info.

HTH, Lee.

Sue the owl for flying without due care or attention :D:rofl:

I'd use a gentle polish to remove any marks, then several coats of wax to protect it.

Had a bash at that and it has done the trick big thank you. Thinking about it logically is was probably bits of the owl poor sod.

Fore reference if you find any more the SRP isnt touching: I had a disagreement with a fallen tree branch on a bend in the road. I got the relativley deep (but not full paint thickness) scratches out with Scratch-X by Meguiars. Its good stuff as the abrasive ability breaks down the more you polish with it rather than being a T-Cut style constant.

I tried hte SRP on my spoiler which had light scratching, however I was a bit worried after only a light polish that my pad came away red.... What no clearcote?

Right, after that I am now off to contact the RSPB - OWL MURDERER! :)