CG Locks

JLneonhug

Hello,

I've had one of these previously and quite like it, however I've misplaced it somewhere so in search of the new one, Im tempted by their 'new version' as apparently its easier to take off (bigger arm and wider slide) for when your only popping down the shops etc and its not essential to plant ones bottom into the car :giggle:

"- better finish

- now delivered assembled (2 mins to fit)

- longer lever (easier to release)

- wider slider bar (easier to slide)"

~ the reply back from cg locks

So! couple of questions really.. anyone tried the new to the old? any actual improvements? Secondly.. I've been trying to hunt for some voucher codes, but no luck. Maybe someone has some which are still valid?

Maybe we can do a group guy or something some when?

Link: http://www.cg-lock.co.uk/

The CG-Lock has been proven to significantly improve lap times, on average by a second a lap (for a 1' 30" lap).

I call foul!

p.s. what is it? didn't see a summary of what it does, might just have been blinded by the loud website tho :giggle:

Haha, its simply a non retractable two point belt.

So basically you put ur seatbelt on as usual, pull the diagonal belt part upwards, and it will tighten the lap part. The cglock will keep the lap part in tension. Very simple design but it helps to keep you on your seat and yes it will make you 'feel' the car better thus drive better on the limit.

I have the old version in my Fabia and would consider the new version for my Octavia if I can find it reduced enough. The manufacturer's price is £49.99 but I see on eBay that DemonTweeks are selling the new version for £39.95 inclusive. The old version can be found for less than that on eBay although it isn't always clear which version the ads refer to, ie new can mean new and unused rather than new version.

Seems a pretty interesting idea. Not sure i'd find it worth £39.99 to me though, but if available at the £20-£25 mark i'd maybe be talked into it ;)

How does it play with pre-tensioners in the event of a crash? Crushed pelvis or will it be ok?

I've got the old one lying about somewhere. Couldn't get it to work satisfactorily so took it off. It might help you feel the car better but it didn't do anything for me.

I have the new one, so cant comment about how it compare's to the old but it works very well and is very easy to use. :thumbup:

On the old one you could move the slider so that if you didn't want to use it, the roller would stay away from the belt so that the belt would move freely, without the need to use the lever.........BUT it never worked right and I "redesigned" mine,.

Does this feature work on the new one?

There was a group buy on here for the old ones a couple of years ago. I got one and found it worked exactly as advertised, but I also found it got irritating when I only wanted to nip out down the shops etc so I ended up removing it. Haven't tried it again since :S

Had the old style one for about a year and it was very useful, you could go round corners at quite a pace and concentrate on steering rather than gripping the steering wheel and repositioning your a$$ to stop yourself sliding all over the place.

However when I came clean to the insurance about it they hit the roof when I mentioned it was something to do with the seatbelt so I sold it to another member :(

Had the old style one for about a year and it was very useful, you could go round corners at quite a pace and concentrate on steering rather than gripping the steering wheel and repositioning your a$$ to stop yourself sliding all over the place.

However when I came clean to the insurance about it they hit the roof when I mentioned it was something to do with the seatbelt so I sold it to another member :(

Above is a clip of Chicken_eyebrow showing his a$$ actually sliding about all over my passenger seat when not wearing a CG Lock at a handling day, I did warn him to wedge himself, but would he listen.....................? :giggle::giggle::giggle: