Car battery keeps going flat?

Hi everyone I've been having a problem this past week with my 2002 vrs, if i leave the car for longer then 2 day the battery is completly flat. Does any one have ideas what to check first or what could be causing it? Cheers matt

Hi everyone I've been having a problem this past week with my 2002 vrs, if i leave the car for longer then 2 day the battery is completly flat. Does any one have ideas what to check first or what could be causing it? Cheers matt

What current is being drawn ?

Radiotwo

check the alarm

I had the same problem with an old Viper Alarm,it ates my battery in a few days,I have changed the alarm with a new Maat ....problem solved!the battery stays fresh .

The central unit of the old alarm was in small short circuit(moisture come in),and was eating alot of current in armed mode

Edited by IulianE

I recently had the same problem. If you think the battery is ok, then buy a multimeter and start pulling the fuses.

I delivered my octavia to the skoda mechanics and explained the problem (as I knew nothing about checking for battery drain).

They found that the problem was located behind fuse 14 and recommended a change of the control unit for convenience system - about 380 quid here in Norway..

Luckily I decided to check it myself as I had installed a aftermarket remote control unit (rightclick). Got a cheap multimeter and found instructions on the net (never used one before).

Located fuse 14 problem too, but continued testing.. after 15 min I found the problem in the boot hatch.. A switch was broken.. (I think it is the microswitch for the boot light) ... (due to a leak in the washer i suppose)

Anyway - disconnected and the drain went from 200mAmp to about 39mAmp.. (I dont know if the latter is acceptable drain..? )

Wrote an email to Skoda Norway concerning their 75 quid job..

Anyway - I recommend investing in a cheap digital multimeter. Its not that complicated to use..

Please excuse my English...

Frode

I don't know whether this might be relevant...but I had the same problem. My friend had installed a subwoofer for me and if I left the car idle for 2 days the battery used 2 drain out. Initially i thought this was due the wrong wiring (which he did do)...but even when I did sort the wiring out had the same problem.

I don't know a lot about cars...just on my learning ladder...But when I had to jump start my car I thought I will just check whether the nuts connected to the battery were tight and it was't. Once I tightened those nuts have not had a problem at all. Its been 4-5 months now. Initially I thought I might have to replace the battery but ThanK God I found what the problem was prior to that.

In short just check whether the wires running from the battery to the car are not loose.