Internal rear view mirror

The Plumber

Sat in a SE spec Yeti this morning,can see what you mean about the mirror being low.Will try an Elegance spec car and see if this is better for height.Looking at the photos it should be alot better.

Sat in a SE spec Yeti this morning,can see what you mean about the mirror being low.Will try an Elegance spec car and see if this is better for height.Looking at the photos it should be alot better.

As per point 1 in this thread you need not order an Elegance to get the different higher mounted mirror. Just add the "Light Assistant" option for £55.

As one who initially found the mirror position an interesting conundrum, I can confirm that 4 months and 8000 miles later into ownership, it is not a problem! I experimented with the height of the driver's seat and found that while it did make a difference to my view out, I preferred to be high, and to duck and dive.

I never even think about it now - and until this was revitalised I'd forgotten all about it.

Noticed one or two club members mention the position of the internal rear view mirror being too low. Not found this a problem myself even though I'm just over 6'. Think the answer might be the type of mirror you have, there are at least three options I know of;

standard

standard with auto lights sensor (option on SE)

auto dimming with rain sensor (and possible auto lights sensor depending on spec)

My Monster has the standard with auto lights which looking at photos appears to be fitted slightly higher up the screen to the standard. (Note the auto dimming has the same mount as mine just the mirror size is an unknown factor).

4549814165_3c7bf3ae24_b.jpg

Excuse the mess in the garage by the way :giggle:

Hope Agerbundsen doesnt mind but I've borrowed a flickr picture of Snehvide for comparison

4459793292_037efd5ac8_b.jpg

Anyway let me know if you agree or disagree with this notion.

Regards,

TP

In confirmation of TP's theory, our SE has the Light Assistant option only, and is identically fitted as on his, and has not been a problem.

Had my Yeti for two months now, and covered around 2,600 miles. Like the car a lot. However, I do find the "normal" position of the internal rear view mirror does cause problems... occasionally. When negotiating long slow left hand bends, visibility of the road ahead is severely limited. To see the road fully, you really need to adopt a forward sitting position. A truly stupid place to mount the mirror, particularly when there is a far more sensible place above it.

Incidentally, still have not seen another Yeti since I have had mine. First car that I have owned, where strangers have come up to me to make positive remarks about it.

• 8 months later...

I see what you mean mike, that's mad!

I still have problems with the Yeti's interior mirror, mainly when driving to the left.

Few months ago the A pillar completly hid a Toyota IQ from my view! turning at a T junction.

My SE Yeti has the Plummer's middle combination, the standard auto dimming mirror and I can't say I've experienced any difficulty with this at all. But I did nearly miss [ more truthfully nearly hit ] a cyclist who appeared from behind the near side A pillar. But in any event, he's better than the Civic I traded in. That had no visibility in any direction at all - even straight ahead was a bit dodgy!

I see what you mean mike, that's mad!

I still have problems with the Yeti's interior mirror, mainly when driving to the left.

Few months ago the A pillar completly hid a Toyota IQ from my view! turning at a T junction.

How's about this then for the B & C pillars of the MiTo then.....it is dire.

post-36710-0-69187100-1305738513_thumb.jpg

The A pillar is worse than the Yeti as well. In fact it is much harder to see out of an Alfa MiTo than an Yeti. Full stop.

Come back Elsie. All is forgivenemoticon-0140-rofl.gif

Mike

I take it the mirror on our Elegance is in the favourable position as we have no problems at all and after the verging on dangerous blind spot A pillar on the SX4 Suzuki we traded it is a pleasure to have a car with excellent all round visibilty.

I take it the mirror on our Elegance is in the favourable position as we have no problems at all and after the verging on dangerous blind spot A pillar on the SX4 Suzuki we traded it is a pleasure to have a car with excellent all round visibilty.

you are correct emoticon-0148-yes.gif

Still not brilliant if you have the seat up high and are 6' plus. Still have to duck and dive, but I will appreciate more now as the MiTo is awfulemoticon-0136-giggle.gif to see out of. I have to put up with it now for a 3rd day....emoticon-0149-no.gifemoticon-0106-crying.gif

• 2 years later...

Just thought I would add my 2 pennoth to this topic.

I have owned my Yeti 'Adventure' (2.0 Litre Diesel 140ps) for just over 4 weeks and am delighted with it BUT the rear view mirror will have to be moved by me or I might see if one of the windscreen replacement companies will do it for me. I have already had a couple of shocks when vehicles have appeared from the left suddenly from behind the mirror. It is only a matter of time on our overcrowded roads before I have an accident because of this problem. I can't understand why Skoda haven't done something about it by now.

If anyone is interested I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers - Chris.

• Like 1

Just thought I would add my 2 pennoth to this topic.

I have owned my Yeti 'Adventure' (2.0 Litre Diesel 140ps) for just over 4 weeks and am delighted with it BUT the rear view mirror will have to be moved by me or I might see if one of the windscreen replacement companies will do it for me. I have already had a couple of shocks when vehicles have appeared from the left suddenly from behind the mirror. It is only a matter of time on our overcrowded roads before I have an accident because of this problem. I can't understand why Skoda haven't done something about it by now.

If anyone is interested I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers - Chris.

Hi Chris - I also find the mirror is in a somewhat slightly awkward position and recently had my windscreen replaced under warranty due to a minor defect occurring. I asked then if it could be moved, but was told that the screens come with a bracket already bonded to the screen and that it was not possible to reposition it. If you find that you CAN move it, please let us all know.......................Tony

Yes, all windscreens on all cars come with the bracket bonded to the screen.  Your only option now is to take it off and try and fit an aftermarket mirror higher up.

This is covered under the very first point in this thread:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/160051-if-you-are-about-to-order-a-yeti-things-to-think-about/