AUTOGLYM LIFESHINE

My fl vrs is due in july and I was wondering what are your thoughts are on the lifeshine systems, I had this done on my pd 3yrs ago and to be fair I didnt rate the protection my thinking was with the new car treat it with the high definition wax as soon as i get her and then every 6 months treat again and use super resin in between and save myself £300 in the process :p

My fl vrs is due in july and I was wondering what are your thoughts are on the lifeshine systems, I had this done on my pd 3yrs ago and to be fair I didnt rate the protection my thinking was with the new car treat it with the high definition wax as soon as i get her and then every 6 months treat again and use super resin in between and save myself £300 in the process :p

Absolutely correct. Waste of money. Your SRP and high def wax is a better combination anyway. What colour are you getting?

No.

It's just regular products you can pick up for around £50 and apply better yourself than the lacky they get to do it at the dealer. It's just a way of sapping a bit of extra profit out of the deals.

Whether they do it, or you do it yourself, all the 'protection' will come straight off as soon as you go through a car wash or go to a £5 hand-car-wash place, so if you plan on doing that it's pointless doing either.

No.

It's just regular products you can pick up for around £50 and apply better yourself than the lacky they get to do it at the dealer. It's just a way of sapping a bit of extra profit out of the deals.

Whether they do it, or you do it yourself, all the 'protection' will come straight off as soon as you go through a car wash or go to a £5 hand-car-wash place, so if you plan on doing that it's pointless doing either.

You use a car wash??

DONT EVER GO TO ONE!! Youre asking for trouble

• 4 weeks later...

Only way I would ever have any of these treatments, Superguard etc. is if I could blag one as freebie out of the dealer.

Otherwise, complete waste of money.

Totally agree with previous comments.

Im a recent Octy owner and did ponder the treatment but joined Briskoda beforehand(luckily) and just read snippets from forums past which saved me the £300 they wanted .

What I did do was to go to a supplier local to me(didnt no they existed until i looked) called Autobrite who were more than helpful on kitting me out with all the neccessary stuff to do it myself. (cost £160 enough maintain it for 3 years) Ive cleaned all my cars from day one (over 20 years)but never realised I was doing it wrong until I spoke to guys on Briskoda!

You wont regret itemoticon-0148-yes.gif

kitting me out with all the neccessary stuff to do it myself. (cost £160 enough maintain it for 3 years)

What products did you buy?

I currently use Autoglym SRP first then a couple of coats of Harly Wax on top, on my Black car.

I had planned on sticking to this when the White vRS arrives but am not sure it would be the best system.

Edited by vectra1

What products did you buy?

I currently use Autoglym SRP first then a couple of coats of Harly Wax on top, on my Black car.

I had planned on sticking to this when the White vRS arrives but am not sure it would be the best system.

This is the kit they recommended:-

Snow foam lance

Snow Foam 5ltre

Citrus Pearl Shampoo

Deep Bucket with grit guard

Wool Mitt

Clay block

Berry Blast Clay Lubricant

Big Dryer cloths

Cherry Glaze Polish

Foam Applicators

Crystal Glass cleaner

Superfine MicroFibre cloths

The chaps were very helpful and had a look at my car before they recomended the above.

Obviously wouldnt be using the clay everytime I cleaned it but needed it as car is covered in tiny 'rust like' spots which may have come from the journey over the waters!

post-54621-12751267691149_thumb.png