dogbone Bush

Hi guys, im replacing all the bushes on the front end of my car.(most of them were in a bad way)

i think the dogbone bush is knackered on the car..is there any real way to test? from what i can see from underneath the car it looks a little perished and there is some movement/squeaking in the engine around that area

iv been reading around and some people have replaced them with powerflex or superpro and complained of vibration due to the stiffness.......anyone whos changed, post their opinion of this?

iv also seen on the mk4 forums that people have used the OE bush from an R32 with good results....has anyone done this before?

any help appreciated

Get some a suitable bod to give the engine a good reving while idling with the bonnet up and gauge exactly how much the engine twists backwards. This is a far more effective demonstration when the car is on a rolling load. A good condition lower mount will retard the twisting action far more so than a tired bush.

I have fitted a few different ones on my car over a couple of years.

Started with replacing standard bush for the powerflex one as that is cheap (under £20).Powerflex one is good and will give you some vibration for 500 miles or so,but is a big improvement over standard bush.

Then fitted a Density Street Mount complete replacement dogbone mount which straight form fitting doesn't give any vibration and is more solid than the standard one.

Last weekend i fitted a dogbone mount fitted with front and back bushes from Superpro.

The mount has the front (2 pieces) bushes and rear bush fitted and feels so rock solid now.There is vibration and i think this will settle down after a few hundred miles,but it is less than the Powerflex one i had.

I would recommend the Superpro ones but fit both the front and back bushes as this will make the car feel so planted on acceleration.

The vibration isn't that bad as it's more of a case you have to give it slightly more gas when setting off.

HTH

never heard of them mate i got my powerflex ones from awesome and the service was fantastic and its been fine :thumbup:

superpro tend imo to vibrate less than powerflex.

I like the look of the vf engineering ones and the ths kit.

superpro tend imo to vibrate less than powerflex.

I like the look of the vf engineering ones and the ths kit.

i was going to superpro it as well, but funds didnt allow..

ok i lie...they did but the spare cash is going into the coilover fund :D

Edited by vRShafz

Mine is Powerflex and the initial vibrations are reeeally noticeable.

Settled down now though :thumbup:

i didnt notice the vibration that much as the coilovers are down that low it feels every pebble/bump anyway :giggle::rofl::rofl::thumbup:

Nah, it was well noticeable on mine. So much so that the headlights were vibrating at idle lol

I know the golf boys seem to increase their idle speed to 900 while it is running in :giggle: