Standard VRS brake disk and pad sizes

Hi everyone,

Simple question :dull: i am after a set of standard disks and pads for both front and back (I say simple but i still can't find the answer after searching some 20 odd pages).

I'm happy with the disk sizes on a standard VRS being:

Fronts: 288mm - Pagid Brake Disc (Front) - Part Number: 104440798

Rears: 232mm - Pagid Brake Disc (Rear) - Part Number: 104440748

I am now struggling to find the correct pads to match. I was using Euro Car Parts but they have 20 odd sets of pads. I was hoping to use Pagid so i had matching disks and pads all round but the only rear pads they do seem to have wear indicators on them which i believe the Fabia doesn't have.

If anyone would be kind enough to shout me some part numbers or dimensions that fit for both front and back it would be greatly appreciated (i know a Haynes would answer these questions for me but i was planning on ordering that with the brakes).

NOTE: Anyone who finds this in a search for the similar thing i have found the following pages very helpful:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/57923-fabia-vrs-how-to-change-rear-discs-and-pads/

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/73071-fabia-vrs-brake-pads/

Cheers!

ECP supply OE pads for our cars, they are not necessary Pagid ones, they can be from a variety of manufacturers. ECP show different part nos, for the same pads because they may be for Seat, VW, Audi variants but they are the same. As long as you specify OE pads any one will do. Even in the factory they do not match the same manufacturers for pads and discs, they should all meet the factory spec.

Edited by Soot1e

Thanks for that Soot1e, no need to worry about matching makes then.

I am still unsure as to which pads to get though as for the VRS they seem to have a number of different dimension and "restrictions"pads listed:

Fronts:

H:51.2/50.6mm;Th:17.2mm;W:141.8mm - Restriction PR No:1LB; 1LM

or

H:54.7mm; Th:19.7mm;W:146mm - Restriction PR No:1LQ; 1LR

Rears:

H:52.7mm;Th:17.2mm;W:86.9mm

or

H:52.9mm;Th:17.2mm;W:86.8mm

Not sure if i'm missing something here if so please do tell!

Thanks for that Soot1e, no need to worry about matching makes then.

I am still unsure as to which pads to get though as for the VRS they seem to have a number of different dimension and "restrictions"pads listed:

Fronts:

H:51.2/50.6mm;Th:17.2mm;W:141.8mm - Restriction PR No:1LB; 1LM

or

H:54.7mm; Th:19.7mm;W:146mm - Restriction PR No:1LQ; 1LR

Rears:

H:52.7mm;Th:17.2mm;W:86.9mm

or

H:52.9mm;Th:17.2mm;W:86.8mm

Not sure if i'm missing something here if so please do tell!

HI

Just be aware that the Fabia have front pads of their own

They are not the same as the Octy , although the discs are

So just be a tad careful

Sarah

HI

Just be aware that the Fabia have front pads of their own

They are not the same as the Octy , although the discs are

So just be a tad careful

Sarah

Thanks Sarah, but any clarification on which one is the right one?

Thanks Sarah, but any clarification on which one is the right one?

I really thought the vRS has wear indicators on the pads(front and rear)...can someone clarify this please as id also like to know. thanks

Edited by newskoda

Right so after trawling through lots of other sites i'm fairly sure i have the right sizes now:

Fronts: 131.4x62.6x18.8

Rears: 52.9x17.2x:86.8

Euro Car Parts shows so many different sized pads for the fronts it had caused some confusion, it turns out the ones that the right size are the ones with no picture so of course i hadn't clicked on them :dull: - Thanks for getting me over that one!

Now it would be great if someone could clear up the wear indicator issue, just to clarify this is a Fabia VRS.

Edited by EddyC

Right so after trawling through lots of other sites i'm fairly sure i have the right sizes now:

Fronts: 131.4x62.6x18.8

Rears: 52.9x17.2x:86.8

Euro Car Parts shows so many different sized pads for the fronts it had caused some confusion, it turns out the ones that the right size are the ones with no picture so of course i hadn't clicked on them :dull: - Thanks for getting me over that one!

Now it would be great if someone could clear up the wear indicator issue, just to clarify this is a Fabia VRS.

I had a look too and gotta say it's very confusing. I personally dont think i could risk buying the pads for fear of it being wrong

My 2005 Fabia VRS has not got wear indicators facility, neither on the front nor rear pads.

If wires are attached to pads and not required, I just snip them off.

I purchased MINTEX DISCs and PADs front and rear from EBAY, prices I found more competitive.

Good luck.

Complete rear kit, MINTEX - MDK0037 fitted my rear brakes. Price £46.21 total. 15/06/2007

Whereabouts are you located EddyC.??

Edited by giandougl

My 2005 Fabia VRS has not got wear indicators facility, neither on the front nor rear pads.

If wires are attached to pads and not required, I just snip them off.

I purchased MINTEX DISCs and PADs front and rear from EBAY, prices I found more competitive.

Good luck.

Complete rear kit, MINTEX - MDK0037 fitted my rear brakes. Price £46.21 total. 15/06/2007

Whereabouts are you located EddyC.??

Just sorted my quote and it comes to £129 for Pagid disks and pads all around and the wind-back tool, not too bad. I would rather go through ECP just to be on the safe side if anything needs returning or sorting in a hurry.

London, and Devon when i go to see the fokes.

I really thought the vRS has wear indicators on the pads(front and rear)...can someone clarify this please as id also like to know. thanks

This post has been edited by newskoda: Today, 12:54

fabia has NO wear indicators...

Edited by warwick hunt

This post has been edited by newskoda: Today, 12:54

fabia has NO wear indicators...

Hello,

Wire attached to one pad for each set of pads for each wheel.

Wire is placed into a socket dangling close to rear of brake caliper.

If no socket visible, then you haven't got wear indicator facility.

Just snip wire off the brake pad in this case, as I do.

Where wire fitted to pad, is used, as pad wears down, wire end inside brake pad contacts brake disc, makes a circuit and warning display on facia/dash is illuminated.

UPDATE - - - - - - - 15/05/2010

Just bought some MOTAQUIP front pads ref VXL1099, only one pad had wire attached.

Ref VXL1098 MOTAQUIP has no wires attached.

States VXL1099 fits Fabia 2.0 litre, my guess thats where the wire attached is used??

Edited by giandougl

AwesomeSarah, on 12 May 2010 - 13:05, said:

No not on the rear , front yes , rear no

Sarah

i was saying they DONT have wear indicators as it had been suggested they do..

Yes , your OK , not having a go , but seems some do and some dont on the front too :no: gets confusing eh?

Sarah

Hello,

Wire attached to one pad for each set of pads for each wheel.

Wire is placed into a socket dangling close to rear of brake caliper.

If no socket visible, then you haven't got wear indicator facility.

Just snip wire off the brake pad in this case, as I do.

Where wire fitted to pad, is used, as pad wears down, wire end inside brake pad contacts brake disc, makes a circuit and warning display on facia/dash is illuminated.

I'll double check now i know exactly where to look but i'm fairly sure i don't.

Thanks

Do what I did, take out one of the front and one of the rear pads, go to ECP and match them up at the counter. All 4 pads are the same dimensions and shape.

The OE ones at the front have shamfered edges on the friction pad.

The miniscule size differences don't matter.

No wear indicators on mine as well.

Edited by Soot1e

Do what I did, take out one of the front and one of the rear pads, go to ECP and match them up at the counter. All 4 pads are the same dimensions and shape. No wear indicators on mine as well.

I have just double checked with the guys in the workshop , they said , they did not think they had sensors either

Well I am wrong....my apologies guys

But the link it correct pics

Sarah