skoda fabia 1.4mpi - comfort

recently bought the fabia 1.4mpi and is waiting to turn 17 later this month. was just wondering about the performance side of the car as i havnt yet had any driving experience in it. could anyone tell me how it copes compared to other cars similar to this e.g 1.2 corsa, clio, fiesta and what it will max out at. thanks. :smirk:

You'll pummel a 1.2 corsa if you drive it right, my mates got an 03 plate fezza with the 1.3 and I can't keep up if he's trying to get away, there's not much in it though really. Don't know about a Clio. Anddd I reckon you'll probably max it at 95-105 depending on wind and incline ;)

Oh and, welcome to the world of wishing you were older and feeling inadiquate whenever you see a vRS.

Woot 68 BHP FTW :-)

Well, I like my little furby. With things being priced here in Denmark as they are (ie "#¤3@£$@£ expensive), my 2001 MPI is a great starters car in which I can ramp up some insurance experience.

When I'm alone in the car, as I am most of the time, there is no problem with following other traffic, not even on the expressway. Granted, I don't overtake as I otherwise would on one-lane roads, as I miss the extra power to get out of the situation if something goes wrong, but other than that, no problem.

With 2 passengers, I can feel that it accelerates slower, and I let it use more of the gears before changing.

With 3 passengers and luggage it becomes quite sluggish.

recently bought the fabia 1.4mpi and is waiting to turn 17 later this month. was just wondering about the performance side of the car as i havnt yet had any driving experience in it. could anyone tell me how it copes compared to other cars similar to this e.g 1.2 corsa, clio, fiesta and what it will max out at. thanks. :smirk:

Welcome to the forum, Can't drive it yet? I bet you can't wait. Forget how much faster it maybe against the opposition, just learn to drive safely & properly first. Lets us know how you get on with your lessons and test later.

Welcome to the forum, Can't drive it yet? I bet you can't wait. Forget how much faster it maybe against the opposition, just learn to drive safely & properly first. Lets us know how you get on with your lessons and test later.

+1 :yes:

Welcome to Brisky.

I remember when I passed my test at 19.

Couldn't wait to get out there and give it large ;)

However.

Speed is nothing without control...

Don't try and be Lewis Hamilton overnight or you'll end up in hospital

with your car in the bodyshop...

And that's if you're one of the lucky ones.

If you want to go mental in your car. Go on a track day

where you can go bonkers :p in a controlled environment.

nope im not going to drive it like a idiot was just wanting to know whether or not im going to get left behind when driving with my mates who mostly have corsas or clios or if itl keep up. hmmm yep cant wait got a crash course booked so should be on the road rather soon:)

You'll show up the Corsas and Clios easy if the car is maintained right and driven well. The absolute key thing IMO for performance is the air filter, but I wouldn't bother with any of the more expensive ones, just the standard paper one is good enough - and they probably need replacing more regularly than Skoda's figure of every 40k miles. The next thing I'd look at is the spark plugs if they haven't been replaced in about 40k miles. The thing to bear in mind is that the Fabia is a bit heavier than the Corsas/Clios.