LED Daytime Running Lights

Has anyone fitted LED daytime running lights to their car?

I have brought some 12v LED strips (24cm). They fit perfectly on top of the Headlight.

But i need to know where i can connect them to a switched 12v under the bonnet.

I want them to work when the ignition key is turned on, and not just wired to the sidelights.

So i need a 12v feed which is only live when the key is switched on.

Any ideas?

If so what do i need to connect to please.

Cheers B)

I think they'd be more tastefully utilised lighting up the front footwells

spliced into the interior light circuit. :thumbup:

I have a multi LED strip on the bottom of my parcel shelf.

It does a fine job of lighting the entire boot. :yes:

I have a multi LED strip on the bottom of my parcel shelf.

It does a fine job of lighting the entire boot. :yes:

I was thinking of doing that however I tend to take the parcel shelf off quite often in the previous fabia..

I suppose I could make a connector thing but that requires extra effort :smirk:.... I bulk bought some LED strips from HK (~£1 each inc P+P!) and atm all 10 of them sitting there undecided where to put them..

I was thinking of doing that however I tend to take the parcel shelf off quite often in the previous fabia..

I suppose I could make a connector thing but that requires extra effort :smirk:.... I bulk bought some LED strips from HK (~£1 each inc P+P!) and atm all 10 of them sitting there undecided where to put them..

If I were you I'd have one under each side of the dash/console.

And one under each seat. All in on the circuit with the red door lights.

Then they'll dim like all the other lights.B)

I have a stealth shelf in mine and I just wired the wire for the LED strip to a

splitting terminal block and removed the bulb from the actual boot lamp and nicked power from the

plug that goes into the lampholder.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/139625-parcel-shelf-any-ideas/page__st__20

Check the last post in this thread for some pics. Check out the build too :thumbup:

I'm very proud of this project. :yes:

IMO- If the LED does not come as standard on any car regardless of make or model it makes a car look chavy its the new cheap and nasty mod people are doing like the neons under the car. I have seen it on some corsas and and vectras and so on it dosent look good.

Stay away if you dont already have put your money on something better, please dont make the Fabia a typical chavy mobile no disrespect to any body on here, because once you set the trend other start to follow.

IMO- If the LED does not come as standard on any car regardless of make or model it makes a car look chavy its the new cheap and nasty mod people are doing like the neons under the car. I have seen it on some corsas and and vectras and so on it dosent look good.

Stay away if you dont already have put your money on something better, please dont make the Fabia a typical chavy mobile no disrespect to any body on here, because once you set the trend other start to follow.

On the Yaris T-sport (Red) I had previously I put 3mm red LED's at the rear bottom side of the bumper (Facing down) and white at the front. The aim wasnt to look like neons but a very very low glow similar to interior ambient lighting on the BMW's and the likes (but on the outside). Took bloomin ages but it looked really good imo, v subtle and best thing was it was completely legal.

IMO - LED's are the way forward for lighting applications, its a shame some make it ott and in your face, but for subtle lighting its very effective. Each to their own :thumbup:

Thanks for the link grr666, had a brief look, the parcel shelf looks really good! Will study it more in a bit.. :yes:

• 2 weeks later...

Not going to bother fitting lights now.

Miles too much hassle and trouble, only place they would go on my car was on the plastic foglight surround, it would mean drilling and cutting it, which im not to keen on, (means buying new surrounds if you want to remove the running lights!).

And as for the 12v feed when the ignitions on, what a pig to find.

The Reversing light switch is not live, it earths

The oil pressure switch is not live, it earths

The power steering pump becomes live when ignitions on, but the lights when connected causes the power steering warning light to illuminate on the dash.

I've spent about 8 hours on this project on my Fabia, but now am totally fed up with it.

SO i have now fitted them to my Fiesta, took exactly 45 Minutes, including fitting them, and wiring them up.

Wired straight into the temperture sensor behind the front grill, Simples!

No stupid CAN databus, no poxy VAG Coms, no system control units.

Ford fit an electrical component, and fit a wire to it, no peeing about.

A lot to be said for modern technology, clever but do you really need it, when the old systems are more simple, and work just as well!

id have run a lead from the ignition live off the stereo mate.

Thought of that, but had no Radio keys to remove the Stereo, also wasn't sure how easy it would have been to get the wiring through the bulkhead into the engine compartment :|

Anything for a simple wiring fix, without laying upside down under the dash with the clutch pedal in my ear! :D