A guide to popular Yeti options

The Plumber

Another question. For The Plumber?

Do rear mud flaps fit simply onto a Yeti without hacking lumps out of the rear bumper/valance?

I didn't put them on my Fabia vRS for that reason.

Another question. For The Plumber?

Do rear mud flaps fit simply onto a Yeti without hacking lumps out of the rear bumper/valance?

I didn't put them on my Fabia vRS for that reason.

Hi,

no hacking required; just remove the wheel arch liner screws, offer the mud flap in to position and refit screws. The only potential awkward bit can be fitting a clip highlighted below;

4178720447_ab39cc393a_z.jpg

4179483842_29da01645b_z.jpg

Hope that's of help,

TP

Hi,

no hacking required; just remove the wheel arch liner screws, offer the mud flap in to position and refit screws. The only potential awkward bit can be fitting a clip highlighted below;

4178720447_ab39cc393a_z.jpg

4179483842_29da01645b_z.jpg

Hope that's of help,

TP

• 2 months later...

Confused... Excellent explanation to the off road button but when I watched Top Gear not so long ago, Clarkson seemed to press the off road button and then when he drove up a hill and stopped half way up, the Yeti held itself there...

We've just taken delivery of our 1.8 Tsi 4x4 with the Off Road button option, and I don't see that it does it! We tried earlier but unsuccessfully rolled backwards down the hill...

Is uphill start assist not what I think it is? Or was Clarkson using Hill hold control in an auto? Help!

Confused... Excellent explanation to the off road button but when I watched Top Gear not so long ago, Clarkson seemed to press the off road button and then when he drove up a hill and stopped half way up, the Yeti held itself there...

We've just taken delivery of our 1.8 Tsi 4x4 with the Off Road button option, and I don't see that it does it! We tried earlier but unsuccessfully rolled backwards down the hill...

Is uphill start assist not what I think it is? Or was Clarkson using Hill hold control in an auto? Help!

Clarkson was driving a manual Elegance 1.8TSI which has the off road button and hill hold as standard.

It is the Hill Hold that stopped him from rolling back. It keeps the pressure on the brakes for up to 2 seconds before it releases them. Then the car rolls backwards emoticon-0140-rofl.gif (unless you have the DSG) You should have enough time to get from the brake to the accelerator before the car rolls backwards in a manual.

Hill Hold is a cost option on an SE.

My SM has Down Hill Assist, Not up hill assist.....which is part of the Off Road Button function and it is amazing when it works.

Hope that helps.

Mike

Yes Hill Hold control is a lovely little feature. Those 2 seconds are more than enough to move your foot from the brake to the go-faster pedal! :thumbup: But leave it too long and yes the car will of course roll backwards.

Yes Hill Hold control is a lovely little feature. Those 2 seconds are more than enough to move your foot from the brake to the go-faster pedal! :thumbup: But leave it too long and yes the car will of course roll backwards.

But I re-read the brochure last night and under the off road button, it specifically includes "up hill start assist" and down hill assist. The section under up hill start assist doesn't mention the brakes actuating and staying on for 2 seconds, but in the manual under "up hill start assist" it does. The bit about limiting revs comes under simply "start assist".

I thought hill hold was an electronic handbrake like on the Discovery etc and will hold you until you pull away whereas the up hill start assist on the off road button holds you for just 2 secs.

Is this wrong?

But I re-read the brochure last night and under the off road button, it specifically includes "up hill start assist" and down hill assist. The section under up hill start assist doesn't mention the brakes actuating and staying on for 2 seconds, but in the manual under "up hill start assist" it does. The bit about limiting revs comes under simply "start assist".

I thought hill hold was an electronic handbrake like on the Discovery etc and will hold you until you pull away whereas the up hill start assist on the off road button holds you for just 2 secs.

Is this wrong?

See point 20 in the first post of this thread:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/170733-suk-yeti-brochure-whats-wrong/

It is just the housewives running the Marketing department at SUK not knowing anything about cars. It is one and the same thing this "hill hold control" and the "up hill assist".

See point 20 in the first post of this thread:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/170733-suk-yeti-brochure-whats-wrong/

It is just the housewives running the Marketing department at SUK not knowing anything about cars. It is one and the same thing this "hill hold control" and the "up hill assist".

Thanks for the info and link - that's really bad then. The brochure clearly shows the car having "uphill start assist" as part of the off road button option which is repeated in the owners manual saying it holds it for 2 seconds but what we're saying is that actually they meant "hill hold control" which is nothing to do with the off road button. So basically, I've specced a car on that basis and I haven't got that 2 second hold at all! Can hill hold be retro fitted?

Thanks for the info and link - that's really bad then. The brochure clearly shows the car having "uphill start assist" as part of the off road button option which is repeated in the owners manual saying it holds it for 2 seconds but what we're saying is that actually they meant "hill hold control" which is nothing to do with the off road button. So basically, I've specced a car on that basis and I haven't got that 2 second hold at all! Can hill hold be retro fitted?

I see an email comming on to SUK. Ask for your compensation now due to their slack brochure now having cost you money. I got £250 back when their brochure lied about the folding mirrors being electrically folding when they are not...

[Perhaps do a dedicated thread about the hill hold retro-fit rather than hi-jacking this poor thread]

I see an email comming on to SUK. Ask for your compensation now due to their slack brochure now having cost you money. I got £250 back when their brochure lied about the folding mirrors being electrically folding when they are not...

[Perhaps do a dedicated thread about the hill hold retro-fit rather than hi-jacking this poor thread]

Think I might do that. Also totally confused about the lack of an ESP/TCS button as well when the brochure says that 4x4s include ESP as standard... Have you got an email address you used for Skoda UK? Their website form crashes!

• 2 months later...

Well, according to Skoda, it was my fault that I didn't interrogate the dealership when ordering as to what was bullsh** in the brochure and what wasn't, which is nice. But they've offered me £250 as recompense for the fact that my Yeti doesn't actually hold the brakes on briefly after all.

Doesn't really go near fixing the problem but there you go. I won't make that mistake again - i.e ordering a Skoda!

• 2 years later...

Speaking of options.....does the HiFi upgrade (12 speakers) come standard on any model, or is it as an option for all models?

It's an option even on the L&K.

• 3 years later...

Got a stock Yeti on order I posted my concerns regarding the insurance implications of fitting extra options either OEM or aftermarket post delivery.

I will be fitting oem mudflaps but quite fancy the aftermarket mods to the mudflaps suggested on the forum.

There are other mods I quite fancy but I am put off by the insurance issues that may create ie wheel arch protection,16 inch after market alloys with winter or all season tyres.

Has anyone any experience or advice regarding the fitting of aftermarket alloys [the genuine skoda wheels are far to expensive] for a winter tyre option and the steels although cheaper arent an awfull lot cheaper than mid range alloys.

After Market wheels of the correct fitment being sold in the EU / UK by companies are not an issue as they will have to meet EU standards.

There are plenty on Briskoda & elsewhere selling VW Group wheels used or unused if you want to buy, 

and if having issues check with your Insurer, Broker / Underwriter.