Weight of Yeti options?

I might have gone off topic in this thread. So here is a new thread. My A2's brochure had all the weights of the various options stated so you can work out the total vehicle weight to put on the V5C document. Where can one find these weights for the Yeti? They should be fairly similar to the A2's I'd guess?

Here are the official weights of the options for the Audi A2 from heaviest to lightest (all in Kg):

Open Sky: 35.0

Climatronic: 27.7

Sports pack (alloys and suspension): 20.6

Space saver spare: 14.0

6J 16' Alloys: 11.8 (and I thought they are supposed to be lighter!)

Sat nav colour: 9.1

BOSE Sound: 6.2

6J x 15' alloys: 5.2

Luggage floor: 5.0 (!!!)

Front sport seats in leather/alcantara: 4.7

Sat nav B&W: 4.6

Sideguard airbags: 3.6

Rear bench seat: 3.2 (interesting as this is 1,2 TDI standard to save weight!)

Chorus speaker upgrade: 3.2

Luggage cover: 3.1

6 CD changer: 3.0

Headlight washers: 2.8

Sports seats in Jacquard satin: 2.7

Floor mats with protective strips: 2.5

Leather upholstery: 2.0

Satellite cloth: 1.5

Electric rear windows: 1.5

Electric lumbar: 1.3

Symphony front loading 6CD: 1.0

Heated front seats: 0.8

Front fog lights: 0.8

DIS: 0.7 (surprisingly heavy) equivalent to Maxidot on the Yeti.

Acoustic parking system: 0.5

Winter pack (full incl heater jets): 0.3

Three spoke steering wheel: 0.2

Illuminated sun visors: 0.2

Cruise control: 0.1 (proof it is only a stalk)

Now the interesting ones (they weigh NOTHING but you pay for them!)

Concert RDS radio single CD

Automatic dipping rear view mirror

Elasticated belt system

ISOFIX

Metallic paint

Four spoke steering wheel

Multi function steering wheel

(...and yes I know it is because their weights are negligible and thus less than 100g)

and the most expensive option that weighs nothing (and is thus just software):

TV function for the Sat Nav.

• 3 weeks later...

Why d you need to know the weights of additional bits?

I'm just interested. And to expand on the tax you touch on in another thread: why do they then print the vehicle's actual weight on your V5C for tax? I think you are thinking company car tax which is value based AFAIK whereas normal mortals just have CO2 based car tax - and that is where the weight comes in. Hence the 1,2 DSG can't be had with a sunroof.

I'm just interested. And to expand on the tax you touch on in another thread: why do they then print the vehicle's actual weight on your V5C for tax? I think you are thinking company car tax which is value based AFAIK whereas normal mortals just have CO2 based car tax - and that is where the weight comes in. Hence the 1,2 DSG can't be had with a sunroof.

Company car tax is very much CO2 based. They take the on the road price and multiply that by different amounts depending on the CO2. i.e. for a normal taxpayer it is 19% for the 2wd diesel as below 140gm/m3, whereas the more desirable 4wd version with the same engine is 23% due to the higher CO2. This is why a 2wd diesel elegance is cheaper to have as a company car than the 4wd SE version when all lease costs and tax are considered. If you could put up with cars like the Greenline vw's the tax is even less as below 109gm/m3

Hence the 1,2 DSG can't be had with a sunroof.

I ordered my 1.2DSG with a sunroof and a spare wheel. Factory said that either the sunroof or the spare wheel has to go otherwise the 149g/km CO2 limit would be exceeded. :'( I left the spare wheel out.

I ordered my 1.2DSG with a sunroof and a spare wheel. Factory said that either the sunroof or the spare wheel has to go otherwise the 149g/km CO2 limit would be exceeded. :'( I left the spare wheel out.

The stupid thing in all this is that you can add the spare wheel when you get the car and the registration document remains the same.

Look at the folk who upgrade and add items to the car, new wheels etc. I guess none of then have to declare the changes other than perhaps on the insurance.

I had the same issue with my current car, standard 16" wheels but I opted for 17" which changed the Co2 limit - this even surprised the dealer? What happens if you have 4 really large people in the car?? :rofl:

ernieb

So you kept the best option in then??????????? :D

Company car tax and VED are based on CO2 emmisions, and nothing to do with weight.

The weight on the V5 is a requirement from Europe and is to do with the classifications of driving licences. Don't forget that in some countries 16 year olds are allowed to drive certain light vehicles, and it also comes into specified towing regulations.

So you kept the best option in then??????????? :D

Yes, I kept the sunroof, which of course, unfortunatelly made the delivery time far far away. But I didn't know that then (early April) :wonder:

P.S. I Ordered Yeti early April and still no production week given! :S

P.S. I Ordered Yeti early April and still no production week given! emoticon-0124-worried.gif

I ordered the 6th of April and got my build week just this past week. A few other people with RHD cars also had their build weeks confirmed this week as week 41. Get your order number from your dealer and phone SUK. I bet you yours will also be week 41 as they are seemingly doing a RHD batch that week.

I ordered the 6th of April and got my build week just this past week. A few other people with RHD cars also had their build weeks confirmed this week as week 41. Get your order number from your dealer and phone SUK. I bet you yours will also be week 41 as they are seemingly doing a RHD batch that week.

I very much hope it comes earlier than the week 41 :S (I live in Finland, and we have LHD traffic here). I have read in this forum a lot of complaints on the lacking communication between the dealer and the buyer. In this area my dealer could be awarded with a medal :thumbup: He has been quite good in terms of the keeping us informed. Since early June he has sent us a short status report email once a week. :o This was his initiative, we never asked for this. A proactive dealer, I didn't know those really exist. :giggle:

The story has been, that so far the factory has not been able to give a verified production week for our SM. The initial production week was the last week of May (probably given automatically by the system), but during the last month a wild guess has been that we should be prepared to look at September (sunroof situation). :( Our dealer is trying to speed up the process (don't know what he really can do there :o ). ... The SM should have been at home next week if all had happened as expected. :S

Well, Skoda is popular so this waiting is just what can't be avoided I guess. Here below you can find the latest statistics of the car market share from May 2010 in Finland. I would be very interested to know how Skoda is doing e.g in UK.

Skoda is here now on the third position, not anymore a long way to the pole position if they only can increase the production of the factory, especially Yetis and Superbs. :thumbup:

Market share May/2010:

1. VOLKSWAGEN 14,3%

2. TOYOTA 12,4%

3. SKODA 11,2%

4. FORD 6,6%

5. VOLVO 5,3%

6. NISSAN 5,3%

7. AUDI 4,8%

8. OPEL 4,3%

9. MERCEDES-BENZ 4,2%

10. PEUGEOT 3,2%