First time paint correction

jammyb2009

Hi guys, posted a little while ago on what to spend spare cash on with regards to my black octavia vrs, decided i would by the DAS-6 polishing machine kit from cleanyourcar.

Was intending to do my car but ended up doing a friends BMW 750 first as he was off on holiday and i could have the car for over a week to work on.

Heres my post on detailing world:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=172186

Hopefully I get the octavia done soon and post that up aswell ;-)

Be happy if i can get similar results

Lovely job; I'd like to be able to do the same one day myself.

Very nice blue on the BM too and your work brought it out a treat :thumbup:

Thanks mate ;-) it is a lovely blue, wanted an octavia in race blue originally but the right model showed up in black in the end, still hopefully that will look just as nice when I've done it

Not biased at all but i *love* these cars. They are a dream to live with. If i was buying another one, it'd be the 750i i'd go for now i know more about them.

I had the choice of a 740 or a 728 and chickened out taking the 728 thinking the 740 would need shares in Shell to run, but now i know they're pretty reasonable on fuel. That being said the 740 is the one to avoid -- a bit lumpy by nature. The 728i 6-cyl and 750i 12-cyl are silky smooth.

Not biased at all but i *love* these cars. They are a dream to live with. If i was buying another one, it'd be the 750i i'd go for now i know more about them.

I had the choice of a 740 or a 728 and chickened out taking the 728 thinking the 740 would need shares in Shell to run, but now i know they're pretty reasonable on fuel. That being said the 740 is the one to avoid -- a bit lumpy by nature. The 728i 6-cyl and 750i 12-cyl are silky smooth.

Yer funny you say that, my mate has only recently bought the car and I did have a look at a few other with him first, he'd read the same avoid 740, go for 728 for a nice smooth cruiser or 750 for the same but with the grin factor power wise.

Incredible machine though, that ones an individual blue sport - apparently only 7 made to same spec. The double glazing on the windows makes it incredibly quiet with all windows up, you can cruise at 70+ and hold conversations whispering with the same road noise as rolling at 20mph!

The surge when you put your foot down though is amazing, not like any other car ive been in, cant feel it change through the gears, just feels like your on an endless surge of forward force. The only thing i can compare to the feeling is before you take off in a plane - the force into your seat as you accelerate down the runway B):o

Brilliant forst post on DW mate and now that you have captured the auidience, now it's time to get the Octy looking the same to showcase your talent.......... :thumbup:

Really nice to see the wheels in good condition on that motor as I know some of them are known for corroding, bet your mate was please with the results?

Thanks mate, he was over the moon with the car ;-)

Cant wait to get my Octy detailed, will of course post up soon as i have ;-)

Think its going to be a case of doing the odd panel per evening weather permitted so gonna take me a while to complete, which brings me on to a question actually ;-)

If I was to do one panel an eve would you recommend finishing that panel with polish, sealant and wax before starting on the next or complete the machining day by day then polish, seal and wax in one go after ?

If I was to do one panel an eve would you recommend finishing that panel with polish, sealant and wax before starting on the next or complete the machining day by day then polish, seal and wax in one go after ?

If it were me I would machine each panel, refining to get the best finish and then once all the car was complete, snow foam, IPA and then seal and wax if you feel the need.......... :thumbup:

If it were me I would machine each panel, refining to get the best finish and then once all the car was complete, snow foam, IPA and then seal and wax if you feel the need.......... :thumbup:

Cheers, thats pretty much what i did with the 750, only that was stored during the day were as my octy would still be my day to day car between doing the panel

Baker; how the hell do you manage to do a whole car in a day??

Without wanting to distract from the OP's thread, I just have a set process that I follow and plan out the day breaking the time into stages, then it's just motivation and drive to get everything done............. :thumbup: