Rear Door Shutting

Have had my new superb as a cab for about three weeks now and really enjoy driving it. I would say that 80% of my customers remark on its size and confort.

However, there is one niggle..... the near side passenger door can take a couple of attempts to shut.

I believe this is down to the rubber trim creating an air tight lock because if my (driver) window is open slightly then there is never a problem.

I have found that if I test the shutting of the door (with my window down) I can hear the air around the passenger door being "huffed" out. With a window open this doesnt happen.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Edited by Andyp

I had the same - it felt like the rear door was bouncing back off the hinge. After a day at the dealers they decided it was aitflow. Leave any window only slightly open and it is fine. They even showed me exactly the same on 3 other new cars in the showroom. I have just learnt to shut it harder now. Must be pretty frustrating if you are a taxi driver.

I had the same problem with the same door,but in my case I also had a squeak somewhere in that part of the car.So,I bought one WD-40 and I used it on the lock of the door.After a couple of days the squeak dissapeared and the door was closing like it was supposed to.

I am pretty sure there are vents behind the bumper in the boot, which flap open as you shut doors, boot etc. No car is 100% airtight.

There are vents in the boot, offside rear. The removable storage space cover has vents and inside are other vents which lead to the outside of the vehicle. Make sure these vents are not obstructed. Air enters the vehicle through the front vents and exits through the rear vents in the boot, this is how the through flow ventilation works. If these vents are obstructed heating and ventilating will not be efficient. Closing doors should not therefore cause any back pressure.

There are vents in the boot, offside rear. The removable storage space cover has vents and inside are other vents which lead to the outside of the vehicle. Make sure these vents are not obstructed. Air enters the vehicle through the front vents and exits through the rear vents in the boot, this is how the through flow ventilation works. If these vents are obstructed heating and ventilating will not be efficient. Closing doors should not therefore cause any back pressure.

Ok.. and thanks.. but I have now checked these and all is clear and have never been obstructed.

I too have exactly the same problem in the same door. I shall be investigating the WD40 solution.

Personally I put it down to the missing umbrella - if Skoda had supplied the umbrella as specified in the brochure (Jan 2010 car) then the door would be just heavy enough to close every time :)

I too have exactly the same problem in the same door. I shall be investigating the WD40 solution.

Personally I put it down to the missing umbrella - if Skoda had supplied the umbrella as specified in the brochure (Jan 2010 car) then the door would be just heavy enough to close every time :)

£2.99 Primark

umbrella.jpg

Edited by Andyp