07 plate xenon bulbs

How long should these bulbs actually last? mine seem to be having small black spots within the light and dont seem to be as bright. if i go over a bump the n/s one flickers but looks fine with them on stationary.

Can these also be turned upside down as i have heard that helps???

also where can i source some decent ones from if it is a case of replacing them and how much would i be looking at?

many thanks in advance.

How long should these bulbs actually last? mine seem to be having small black spots within the light and dont seem to be as bright. if i go over a bump the n/s one flickers but looks fine with them on stationary.

Can these also be turned upside down as i have heard that helps???

also where can i source some decent ones from if it is a case of replacing them and how much would i be looking at?

many thanks in advance.

Are they just Xenon replacement bulbs or a Gas discharge HID system?

A stealer will charge you like a wounded rhino to change a bulb. I found genuine Philips (OEM) HID bulbs on a well known online auction, 28 quid each. You can change them yourself, so long as you remember to have the ignition turned off (25kV can give you a nasty little shock!)

Can't remember exactly, but a quick search on said website throws up a few results. Just be careful with part numbers, and don't get the ridiculously high colour temperature bulbs that make you look like a boy racer and actually put out a lot less visible light!

For life it depends on usage - have they been on and off a lot? This kills xenons. But generally they do last longer. Always replace in pairs too, as they dim over time, so if you get a new one it will be much brighter than the old one.

I drive home every night in the dark so yes they used a lot.

Another question which screw hole is for adjusting height and which way to put up the height? Lastly is this the same for both sides? I have vagcom which I've used to recalibrate the settings but for some reason they have dropped lower.

• 2 weeks later...

Another question which screw hole is for adjusting height and which way to put up the height? Lastly is this the same for both sides? I have vagcom which I've used to recalibrate the settings but for some reason they have dropped lower.

To adjust the dipped beam there are two hex screws on the front inside of each headlight.

The top one does the up and down adjustment, bottom one does the left right adjustment.