Octavia 1.9tdi pd or 2.0 tdi pd?

Hello

I recently bought a golf sdi 06 which is lovely but a bit slow. Im thinking of buying an octavia and a decent garage has two octavias for sale. one is 1.9tdi ambient 06 plate and the other is a 2.0tdi ambient late 05 both up for 6995. Which is the better engine, i know the 1.9 is better fuel economy but the 2.0 has 6 speed and better hp. Any ideas

The 1.9 pd tdi is a nice engine but the 2.0 pd tdi is a beter engine it's nicer to dive and the fuel economy is about the some as the 1.9pd tdi. If it was me 2.0 pd tdi aii the way.

rob

Hello

I recently bought a golf sdi 06 which is lovely but a bit slow. Im thinking of buying an octavia and a decent garage has two octavias for sale. one is 1.9tdi ambient 06 plate and the other is a 2.0tdi ambient late 05 both up for 6995. Which is the better engine, i know the 1.9 is better fuel economy but the 2.0 has 6 speed and better hp. Any ideas

I recently bought a 54 plate 2.0TDi and am delighted with it.

Plenty of power and a recent 750 mile trip showed 61 mpg on the trip computer (yes, that may be a little optimistic, but I haven't done fill up to fill up yet).

Never driven a 1.9, so I can't compare, but well impressed with the 2.0 so far.

Driven a 1.9 Fabia vRS and i currently own a 2.0 Octy sport.

If i'm honest, the 2.0 is far smoother, punchier and altogether nicer to drive.

As for fuel economy, after i had mine remapped, i'm getting alot better MPG than my mapped 1.9 :D

:thumbup:

I've had both the 1.9 and 2.0 pd tdi Octavia;the 1.9 is MUCH more frugal with the diesel.I'm struggling to achieve 45mpg with my current 2.0 whereas I often used to reach the late 50's in the 8 valve.Both dsg.

I concur with the last poster; my 2.0TDi Octy was very thirsty, low to mid 40's would be the usual return on my mix of about 50:50 urban to rural driving. To put it into perspective, my Fabia 1.9TDi used to average 53mpg in the same environment and my 1.9tdi (non-PD) Octy mk1 that I have now returns about 49mpg. However, the 2.0TDi unit is much smoother and more refined than any 1.9TDi I've come across, even if it does lack torque a bit below 1800rpm.

I test drove a 1.9 dsg and thought it was quite impressive, but went for the 2.0 dsg instead, as it was about the same mpg and only a few more quid on the insurance - and a lot quicker. ;)

I have a 1.9TDI and am hugely impressed with it. I've not driven the 2.0TDI in comparison.

TBH, I wouldn't base my decision on the engine - I'd base it on other factors such as age and condition of the car, mileage, what it drives like on a test drive etc. I think if you test drive both cars objectively, and forget about the engine, the decision should be fairly obvious to you. Hopefully.