Smells Hot , any advice?

K44 ENT

Have had my Octy vRS for nearly 5 months (from new) and have done nearly 7k miles. In the first couple of weeks of ownership I noticed a hot smell coming from the back passanger side wheel area after a fast run. Thought it may be because it was new or just wax burning off and kept an eye on it, it has not got any worse but has also not got any better.

Just got back from work and have been driving the car at quite high revs (once warmed up) and when I parked up noticed the smell again. I have checked the rear discs and the one on the passanger side is slightly hotter than the other rear disc but definitely not binding, I can touch them both without burning myself!!. I have noticed that the exhaust is this side and have touched the tail pipe afte a run and that gets hot as well.

The thing is has anyone else noticed this or have I got a problem with my car. I dont get the smell all of the time it's usually after I have driven it quite fast, is it just the exhaust?

Any ideas :confused:

Cheers

Adam

I get that from the passenger side after a hard drive as well I have assumed its either the cat or possible the route of the exhaust means it gets splashed with mud etc and the smell is that burning off.

But I have never had a real look :o - perhaps i should :D

I have similar smell from the back end of my vrs, i've just put it down to the fact my exhaust gets really hot and is rather close to the rear wheel....

I've noticed a strange/fun one - my exhaust seems to grow about half an inch to an inch after heavy rantage. Next time you've been playing have a look i swear the tailpipe sticks out further from the bumper than usual :-)

I have similar smell from the back end of my vrs' date=' i've just put it down to the fact my exhaust gets really hot and is rather close to the rear wheel....

I've noticed a strange/fun one - my exhaust seems to grow about half an inch to an inch after heavy rantage. Next time you've been playing have a look i swear the tailpipe sticks out further from the bumper than usual :-)[/quote']

Will check this tomorrow, wonder what the neighbours will say :D

• 4 weeks later...