has anyone ever sold a car to webuyanycar.com

just tried them for a valuation on the missus'sT reg felly diesel and even with fairly low mileage and leather seats the best they could do was £115. .. oh and they will need to take a £49 admin fee from that :rofl::rofl:

anyone actually taken a car to one of their depot's and sold it to them? do they actually pay the agreed amount or do they pick more faults and knock it down in price again???

like i know the car is not worth lots but i'm sure £115 is taking the pee a bit :giggle:

I looked my recce car's value up on there, it was £70, with a year's MOT, and that was in immaculate condition. I didn't take it there, but I'm sure I would have ended up owing them money - the small print says that is only in perfect condition; you don't make enough money to advertise on the TV unless you are offering peanuts.

I'll give you £115, with only a £5 admin fee. ;)

haha .. no its the missus's felly D.

i just bought an octy VRS mega cheap so i gave her my tdi octy and have to sell her felly..

if i'm not careful this will sound like a for sale add lol but its not.

just out of curisoty i put my octy tdi into webuyanycar and they came back with £500 :giggle: yer right ok

my felicia 170bhp rally may be for sale soon tho i do keep thinking about getting rid :'(

I just sold my P-Reg Clio on Ebay for £300. 1.2 litre, 3-door, 100,085 miles, beaten up bodywork, no stereo or speakers. Very good runner though.

Sounds like webuyanycar are a bunch of rip-off merchants to me.

I just sold my P-Reg Clio on Ebay for £300. 1.2 litre, 3-door, 100,085 miles, beaten up bodywork, no stereo or speakers. Very good runner though.

yea sounds like it to me too. i wonder what sort of price they offer for the top end of the range, like audi's and bmw's :S

i'm thinking of ebaying it if it dont sell on autotrader by next week lol

just tried them for a valuation on the missus'sT reg felly diesel and even with fairly low mileage and leather seats the best they could do was £115. .. oh and they will need to take a £49 admin fee from that :rofl::rofl:

anyone actually taken a car to one of their depot's and sold it to them? do they actually pay the agreed amount or do they pick more faults and knock it down in price again???

like i know the car is not worth lots but i'm sure £115 is taking the pee a bit :giggle:

What's the body like, I could do with replacing my rusty 'R' reg?

Edited by thewatchmaker

I took mine to the scrap metal yard who paid £140 based on weight. It was beyond repair really and it was worth it, i checked webuyanycar.com and they was only valuing it at £50, which would have been the admin fee so definitely worth checking other places out

They're not rip-off merchants - there is no scam or deception, they're running a business where they will buy people's cars for cash and then sell them on. As it's a for-profit-business, there has to be a difference between what they buy stock for and what they sell it for - if your car will sell for £300, to make it profitable for them to handle it they'll have to buy it for practically nothing.

My wife is selling her Suzuki Swift. It's valued at approx £5k for a private sale, £4.5k for a trade-in. webuyanycar.com offered her £4k for it. Not bad if you cant be arsed to sell it privately, but I have heard a few reports of them knocking money off for the slightest thing. That said my wife's car has loads of dealer fitted extras so we could use that to haggle with them.