Bluetooth kit fitting in Glasgow

I have a VRS LE which has the Bolero touch screen but no MFSW.

Im looking for an integrated handsfree phone kit supplied and possibly fitted too. Does anyone local (Glasgow) offer this as a service?

Fiscon/Skoda Bluetooth...not really convinced which to go for but would rather it was seamless or else I would go for a Parrot or Bury but really dont want anything stuck onto the dash.

Needing this done in a hurry cos the girlfirend is blagging the car for work and needs the handsfree installed.

Cheers in advance.

Scott

Edited by spo

I'd do it for you (& code it) for some pocket money :giggle:

I installed the fiscon in my FL Vrs and it's never failed to impress me yet :thumbup:

It'd work out at £350 fitted, but you might be able to get it cheaper shopping around? I bought direct from Kauftec (there's a discount code from another forum brings it down to £315ish delivered, pm me if that code's any help to you) main importers but there was a 1 week lead time when i ordered. I understand there's pretty much always a wee lead time and sometimes a big one, getting them shipped from Germany when on back order.

Anyone know of a company in or near Milton Keynes where I can get one of these fitted? And is there a list of mobiles which work with this kit anywhere? And would this kit work with my car which isn't a FL but does have the FL interior? I have the maxidot and RNS 510 and from the looks of the website this is just what I've been looking for!

Anyone know of a company in or near Milton Keynes where I can get one of these fitted? And is there a list of mobiles which work with this kit anywhere? And would this kit work with my car which isn't a FL but does have the FL interior? I have the maxidot and RNS 510 and from the looks of the website this is just what I've been looking for!

Fiscon kit will work fine in your car, IIRC there was a pdf with the compatibility, but almost every bluetooth phone produced in the last 5 years will work as the Fiscon unit uses the Handsfree profile which is almost universally supported.

I'm sure there was someone on here who had theirs fitted in Milton Keynes, Richter Sport I think it was that did the fitting.

Fiscon kit will work fine in your car, IIRC there was a pdf with the compatibility, but almost every bluetooth phone produced in the last 5 years will work as the Fiscon unit uses the Handsfree profile which is almost universally supported.

I'm sure there was someone on here who had theirs fitted in Milton Keynes, Richter Sport I think it was that did the fitting.

Cheers Raglits, found the Richter sports post and dropped them an e mail although on there website it says the kit is £500 now as opposed to the £350 quoted by the chap in the post.

The kit itself is about £325-£350 so it sounds like they are charging about £150 to fit which sounds a bit steep to me. I paid £400 including installation for mine from a place in Leicester. The actual physical fitting of the kit looks pretty easy but I can't code the system to the car as I don't have VCDS so I paid to have it fitted, but I'd have baulked at £500 though.

According to the Fiscon website. it's model year 2010 onwards that require coding so it may be worth you buying the kit and installing yourself. If you discover it does need coding find someone near you with VCDS and offer them some beer tokens to complete the installation

Clicky for Installation and compatibility information

It should be possible to get it somewhere for around £250 delivered, but i couldn't find anywhere.

I phoned up pretending to be a dealer after an order of 60 of them, just to get a feel for target price, that was £230 / unit (£100+ saving) so there's definitely people out there able to offer them significantly under sticker price.

I just gave in trying to find them and ponied up the £310 or whatever it was.

It should be possible to get it somewhere for around £250 delivered, but i couldn't find anywhere.

I phoned up pretending to be a dealer after an order of 60 of them, just to get a feel for target price, that was £230 / unit (£100+ saving) so there's definitely people out there able to offer them significantly under sticker price.

I just gave in trying to find them and ponied up the £310 or whatever it was.

Hello folks,

for €220 from germany, BT, micro, cable and bracket included!

I fit it my own and coded it.

Any help required, contact me!

Hello folks,

Can I get the cable alone ? for how much ?

Also what coding needs to be changed through VAS ?

Hello folks,

Can I get the cable alone ? for how much ?

Also what coding needs to be changed through VAS ?

Cheers for the advice lads I'll go have a talk to Skidz to see what they can do as an option. At the moment Ive just plugged the iphone into the AUX socket in the armrest so the sound comes through the speakers. It works although if the volume is turned up too loud there is a little feedback noticed by the other caller.

Im going into Skoda next week to complain about the crap alloys that are now peeling and the hoofing big dent in one of them and it got me thinking about waranty. Im assuming fitting the Fiscon or even the Skoda unit would invalidate the warranty unless fitted by Skoda hemselves??

The wheels on that model are a common complaint :-( they're very lightweight but at the cost of not being very strong, they're more suited to track use i think :thumbdown: If you're still in warranty im sure you'll have no problems getting them replaced :thumbup: if you're out of warranty i'd still argue the toss. The good news is if you do end up needing to pay for a new one, they're cheaper than the normal ones too (i think!).

It's hard to see them being able to justify a warranty claim for wheels on an aftermarket bluetooth, i think you'll be fine there. Only potentially ropey territoiry would be a warranty claim for the head unit or something like that, something connected / related to the bluetooth unit.