Delivery of New Elegance 1.4L DSG

I have just taken delivery of my new car from Rainworth on Wednesday last.

As the England football match being due some 30 minutes before I arrived, I had the shortest

hand-over ever experienced with some 20 odd new cars.

It was partly my own fault, as the sales guy made it very clear that I was going out the door

as soon as he could manage it. I'll give him 100% for achieving that.

The only thing he really explained was the double key pressing to unlock all the doors. Which I

have to admit to being familiar with as this has been fitted to at least 6 of my previous cars.

However, as the car appeared to be well prepared and having read all the favorable reports

about Rainworth, I gave the car a very quick look over, signed for and accepted it so that

salesman could settle down and watch the football.

However, on returning home and taking the opportunity to give the car a 100% check over

I have come across the following points which at present I'm not happy with.

1. The small parcel net, attached to the passenger right hand side of the center consul is missing.

This is shown on the latest Skoda brochure :- http://www.skoda.co....ure_octavia.pdf

on page 12 fig.2

2. The tool for removing the wheel bolt nut caps is missing. There is in it's place a small hooked piece

of wire with a loop on one end. This I believe to be the tool for removing wheel trims.

3. I had the dealer fitted option of Door sill covers - Octavia logo - KDA600002.

In this option there are 4 sill covers, the two front ones having silver coloured flash plates

with "Octavia" inscriptions. The ones supplied to the rear are just plain black moldings and not

at all in keeping with thoes fitted to the front.

I should like to hear from any member who has recently taken delivery of their new Octy, to check if

my problems are a one off, or is this becoming the standard practice.

I don't have the net in my vRS, but there again, it doesn't actually say in the brochure that I'd get one. Does it say that it's part of the standard kit in your brochure?

Don't forget, the pictures are all of cars from a different market and there is a note saying that certain features may not be standard in your market.

I did, however, get the tweezers for removing the wheel nut caps

1. The small parcel net, attached to the passenger right hand side of the center consul is missing.

This is shown on the latest Skoda brochure :- http://www.skoda.co....ure_octavia.pdf

on page 12 fig.2

. I had the dealer fitted option of Door sill covers - Octavia logo - KDA600002.

In this option there are 4 sill covers, the two front ones having silver coloured flash plates

with "Octavia" inscriptions. The ones supplied to the rear are just plain black moldings and not

at all in keeping with thoes fitted to the front.

I am currently on my 9th Octavia, and none have ever had that passenger side net, I dont think its a UK item.

Again, I can confirm the door sill covers are as you found, unfortunately standard, the fronts have the chrome logo strip, but the rears are just plain. :thumbdown:

With regards the wheel nut cover removal tool, I suggest you just ask them for it, hopefully they will get one for you. It can be very difficult to remove them without that tool, or else keep a pair of long nose pliers in the car.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the motor and get some pictures posted

I took delivery of my new Elegance Estate last month. I was shown the tool for locking wheel nut etc during the handover. I too had the kick plates fitted as a dealer fit extra and they are just as I expected them to be.

The only thing that is different from the brochure spec at the time I ordered (March) is the absence of powered folding door mirrors. If you do a search you will find quite a few postings on this subject. To be honest, I wasn't aware that it was supposedly standard spec at the time I ordered, it is not something I would want anyway and so it is of no consequence. They do have "spots" in them which light the ground by the door at night which is a nice feature I wasn't expecting!

To summarise I feel I have got what I ordered and in one respect (road noise) my car seems way better than the two test cars I drove, and I think it is because I am fortunate to have Good Year tyres (one of the demos was Bridgestone).

Thanks Raglits, Octavialover and Colsay for taking the trouble to reply.

Looks as though the passenger side netting is a non-UK fit.

The nut cap removal tool, I shall chase Rainworth for one, will be just my luck to get a flat before getting it.

The rear door sills - well you can't have it all, but this is the sort of thing you expect on a Fraud

You can get the nut covers off with the tool you've got but it's a bit of a pain.

They should give you a proper one though, I got a free one from a dealer. The car was bought second and and not even from them!

You can get the nut covers off with the tool you've got but it's a bit of a pain.

They should give you a proper one though, I got a free one from a dealer. The car was bought second and and not even from them!

There's dealers and there's stealer's, I would like to think their all like your's.

I would not like to use the bent hook wire to remove the nut caps, as this could do more damager than help, especially as it will not pull the cap off squarely, then the only course left would be an FBH

There's dealers and there's stealer's, I would like to think their all like your's.

I would not like to use the bent hook wire to remove the nut caps, as this could do more damager than help, especially as it will not pull the cap off squarely, then the only course left would be an FBH

I'm sure Rainworth will sort you out. I've been delighted with their service so far.

Took delivery of my Elegance Estate 1.4 TSI DSG on Friday 18 June, one of the first of the 2011MY cars. Didn't bother with a handover as I'd read the manual and wasn't about to crawl over the car as I'd only just made it to the dealer by 5.30 pmand was still in a suit.

1. No small net on passenger side - but then it wasn't listed in the UK spec nor had I seen one in a RHD picture.

2. Tweezers present in the toolkit (as is the hook for wheel trims/centre trims, but not needed on Crateris alloys)

3. Didn't order sill covers

Two items present that I wasn't expecting: boot net, and boarding spots. Net near useless with variable floor, but spots very nice and quite a delightful surprise. I wasn't expecting the roof-mounted sunglasses holder either as I ordered the electric sunroof, and from the manual it looked like the roof motor would go in that space, but holder is there.

400 miles in and very happy with the car.

Skoda UK brochures are rubbish in terms of spec accuracy and consistency, website useless too, configurator would help - but as Skoda UK seems to have little idea what specs are on the car I guess they have given up on a configurator. Given that VW are good at both brochures and websites perhaps Skoda UK would like to ask their cousins for some help. I ended up working out the spec and options by using the Skoda-auto website, international brochures & owners' manuals, this forum, and some guesswork.

Skoda UK brochures are rubbish in terms of spec accuracy and consistency, website useless too, configurator would help - but as Skoda UK seems to have little idea what specs are on the car I guess they have given up on a configurator. Given that VW are good at both brochures and websites perhaps Skoda UK would like to ask their cousins for some help. I ended up working out the spec and options by using the Skoda-auto website, international brochures & owners' manuals, this forum, and some guesswork.

Isn't it about time that Skoda UK sorted it's self out and released some decent publication material.

It can't be that difficult to do. Surely this site, with so many members can bring pressure to bear

on the national organisation

Perhaps we could organise it that we all send separate emails on each and every error/omission/ discrepancy

etc,etc to the UK email address.

There may well be other better ideas that could prove more effective. What do other member think on this subject.